Extracting graphics out of an Wii image?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Reckless, Jul 27, 2010.

Jul 27, 2010
  1. Reckless
    OP

Newcomer Reckless Member

Hello,

I want to extract some graphics out of a wii image.
    I already searched google and gbatemp but didnt find a tutorial or something like that.

When I open the ISO with WIIScrubber, select the file I want to extract and click "save" nothing happens.

My goal is to extract the "intro movies" out of some wii games like you see em in the system menu before you start a game.
    Is this possible?

2. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    These intro "movies" are located in the opening.bnr file of every Wii game - the format is pretty well understood, check WiiBrew for details.
    It should work flawlessly with WiiScrubber, but you can youse the Trucha Signer to extract files from Wii games as well.

Just note that the intro "movies" aren't really movies, they are more similar to Flash animations.

3. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    You can't extract "the movies", only the tpl's and the brlan/brlyt files (these files can be edited to change the animation and/or to add other tpl's)

4. Reckless
    OP

Newcomer Reckless Member

your replys were very helpful for me, ty!

I managed to extract the opening.bnr in isos and also the 00000000.app in wad files.

Now I have the .brlan animation files and the .tga image files which I can edit with Photoshop.

How can I view/edit the animations? I think I have to use Benzin which I first have to compile, right?

My ultimate goal is to get the original animation how the wii plays it and convert it into a flash animation or a movie.