Hacking Extracting disc drive key from lite-on Dg-16d2s phat

xxThe_Dice_manxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings

So I bought a wasabi 360 ultra and I need to get the key from my xbox drive, what do I need to get it from the drive?

And could anyone possibly direct me to a tutorial script or video which shows how it is done from hooking up the drive to pc to extracting the key.

Many thanks .

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Wasabi has auto DVD key extraction.
I think it's just a matter of plugging it all in and then boot it.
This should clarify it a bit

edit: Just found out that DVD key extraction for Phat drives is under development.
So you'll have to wait for that or you'll have ot get a X360 USB Pro v2 and a Probe 3.
Then download Jungleflasher to extract the keys.

Jungleflasher comes with a manual so it shouldn't be a problem.

Or you can send it to me and let me extract the DVD keys for you.

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I needed those extra tools to extract keys from that drive when I had mine done, on the upside it is a one off process so you wont need to ever do it again once you have the keys.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a bit complicated if you do not have a tool. i have a ck3 probe that just need a simple mod done. there are plenty of guides out there.

this is what killed me when i was doing it. when power cycling the drive, you DO NOT cut the full power from it, only the WIRE has to lose power. i kept turning all the power off and it kept failing I was freaking out!

this is the basics:
  • Power cable in dvd drive, powered by either the xbox360 or a molex adapter if you have one. you must be able to disconnect the wire at one point in the process, so either cut it and tie it together loosely or get a switch from Radioshack. I opted for a switch.
  • Probe with a ground wire. That can be as simple as connecting a pointed metal object with a wire to your PC case.
  • Get Jungleflasher. The instructions are in there but its VERY simply once you have the hardware.
  • Success!

feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. I doubt you will even be back since you are a one poster. and this site is not even the best for xbox hacking!

xxThe_Dice_manxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help :)

I'm going to get X360 USB Pro v2 as it says it can get the key from any drive, DinohScene do I really need the probe as well?

I notice that wasabi comes with a probe , can this be used?

I must say although the concept of wasabi is brilliant in reality setting it up is turning out to be a pain in the backside and expensive too.

Thanks again :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It might be cheaper sending it so me (I believe it's less then 10 quid shipping and 10 quid of getting it back)
But if you want to do it yourself then yep a Probe 3 is needed for DVD key extraction along with the X360 USBPro V2 (or v1 + CK3i)

I honestly have no idea if you can use it.

Lol yep that's why I usually recommend Xkey's

Welcomes~

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xkey is just as complicated i would imagine. unless wasabi did something crazy about the installation.

you still need the key for xkey.

@xxThe_Dice_manxx dude, did you completely skip my post. its not hard to make a PMT probe. you need your xbox dvd power cable (you just cut one, maybe two wires if you want the power and ground from it) and a pin, can be a damn sewing needle or even a bread tie without the paper on it. plug it in the pc via sata and good to go. it will take an hour at most for a newb. just read up first.

of course if your sata chipset doesn't work it will suck balls. most chipsets work though.

buy extra hardware if you want, but its not really worth it.

metalmystere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well crap!! i also want to flash my lite-on drive and i thought all i needed was to buy the x360 usb pro v2 that alone costs about $70
one other thing, if i get this drive flashed will it be safe to use xbox live or not?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes.
If you patch EVERY backup with ABGX and burn them on Verbatim DVD's with 2.4x speed then you should be safe.
Don't cheat, don't draw attention and NEVER PLAY PRERELEASE GAMES!

There is always a chance of getting banned but laying low by not cheating, not modding savegames, not blurting out you pirate on XBL and not playing games before the release should keep you nonbanned ;]

metalmystere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice DinohScene, one other thing, can i just buy the ck3i and the probe3 to flash or do i need the x360 usb pro?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can fork out more and get the USB pro v2.
It's a X360 USB and a CK3i in one.
It might be a bit cheaper then the CK3i and the X360 seperate but I'm not sure.
And yes you need a Probe to extract the key.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a bit complicated if you do not have a tool. i have a ck3 e, powered by either the xbox360 or a molex adapter if you have one.

Don't use the 360 to power the drive while flashing. Each time the console is powered on without the DVD SATA plugged in, the console will log an error. This could show up on live as a red flag and put your console under scrutiny.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Wasabi 360 FAT does come with a Probe , but in order to operate with JF you will also need a compatible SATA chip in your motherboard ( or X360USB Pro for best results ) . Check your motherboard's SATA chip , if it works you could try it alone , but if not there's no point in investing in X360USB Pro
Find a local modder who can extract the keys for you .
Now , about Wasabi , i had a FAT one and did not operate very well , stopped working after only one day , i hope it doesn't happen the same to you , i read reports that the FAT ones are not really reliable

metalmystere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i'm trying to get a list of the things i need to flash, then i will order them, the only thing is what and where is the latest firmware for the lite-on drive? i don't want to screw anything up. thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots