Hacking Extracted .wud file - now what?

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded a .wud file. I was able to extract it using DIscU. The problem now is I don't know what to do with the folders. I moved them to install and tried to install with wup installer gx2 but it doesn't see them.

GI744263F9101C9400 looks like itt contains files that look like something I've seen in install folders
GM00050000101C9400 looks like the main game due to its size.
GM0005001010060000 is tiny with only a code and meta folder, altogether size of 77kb.
The system folder is weird because it has folders named 3 and 4 and contains some kind of title files.
Then UP0005001010046100 has a folder in it called Update, which I am guessing is a game update/dlc?

I would greatly appreciate advice on this. Usually when I download games, and extract the zipped or rared files they are in one folder, with code, content, and meta, ready to be loaded with Loadiine.
This on the other hand I do not know what to do with.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's been a while since I've extracted a WUD file, for those that don't know, a WUD file is a 1:1 copy of the retail WiiU disc.

Normally you would have one GM folder and one SYSTEM folder when you extract a WUD file but there will be times where you have multiple folders.

Using yours as an example:

GM00050000101C9400 <= This folder contains the main game files, but it's missing the important TITLE files.
SYSTEM <= This folder contains another folder named "02" or "03" folders (sometimes you may have more), these folders contains the important TITLE.TIK file.

What you need to do is, if you have only the "03" sub folder in the SYSTEM folder, then copy the TITLE.TIK file to the GM00050000101C9400 folder.

Now the GM00050000101C9400 folder should contain the .app, .h3 and three of title files, title.cert/title.tik/title.tmd.

To install, copy the GM00050000101C9400 folder to your SD CARD\install folder, now try to install using WUP Installer GX2 again.

This game is Zelda BOTW, installing this game from the extracted WUD files, the game will not work, you will have to install the game update on the disc, which is the UP0005001010046100 folder that you mentioned. Again there will be no title.tik file, so you need to go back to the SYSTEM folder and copy the title.tik file from either 04 folder.

If it doesn't work, just boot the game while connected to the internet and let it auto update.

My memory is a bit sketchy at the moment but the above is the jizz of it.

Last edited by xs4all,

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the tik file for, and where do I place it.

Please if you can stoop to my level I am totally stupid when it comes to this.

I move the game folder with code, content, meta, and it doesnt show up in installer.

I moved the folders 3 and 4 which contained the tik files, but when i select to install it just says 1/1 0mb / 0mb
which makes me think its only a Redirect file to the folder that needs to be installed.

Last edited by Deko,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure what your doing but having a read of your reply you didn't even follow what I suggested for you to do.

I suggest you go back and read again this part again:
What you need to do is, if you have only the "03" sub folder in the SYSTEM folder, then copy the TITLE.TIK file to the GM00050000101C9400 folder.

Now the GM00050000101C9400 folder should contain the .app, .h3 and three of title files, title.cert/title.tik/title.tmd.

To install, copy the GM00050000101C9400 folder to your SD CARD\install folder, now try to install using WUP Installer GX2 again.

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what your doing but having a read of your reply you didn't even follow what I suggested for you to do.

I suggest you go back and read again this part again:

Yes i am doing it as we speak, and I was able to bring up the folders in the installer with the .tik and I attempted to install but it gave me an error. There are 2 folders in the system folder, named 3 and 4.
What is the difference here between these two and how do I tell for which thing they serve? I am guessing one is for the game one is for the update?

Last edited by Deko,

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a USB device error when I attempt to install it to USB. I formatted the 16gb usb drive i dont know why its not installing. I used the 3 folder titles for it.
The game is definitely smaller than 16 gigs.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm assuming you format the drive on the WiiU console correct? Even though it should work, using a USB Memory Stick/Drive is not recommended. Have you got another USB device you can check? If not you can also install to internal system memory as a last resort if you have enough space.

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am afraid of the NAND install, i am still a noob and im worried Ill brick the system. I know on Wii u could install bootmii, and I wish I knew how to set that up on Wii U

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, there is always a risk of bricking when installing stuff to system NAND, it's personal choice but for me, to date I probably did over 1,000 game installs on my system NAND and it's still working.

I do injects, so my internal nand storage gets a pounding with installs/uninstalls.

If your worried, then I suggest you try another USB device, preferred a ext USB HDD.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's been a while since I've extracted a WUD file, for those that don't know, a WUD file is a 1:1 copy of the retail WiiU disc.

Normally you would have one GM folder and one SYSTEM folder when you extract a WUD file but there will be times where you have multiple folders.

Using yours as an example:

GM00050000101C9400 <= This folder contains the main game files, but it's missing the important TITLE files.
SYSTEM <= This folder contains another folder named "02" or "03" folders (sometimes you may have more), these folders contains the important TITLE.TIK file.

This game is Zelda BOTW, installing this game from the extracted WUD files, the game will not work, you will have to install the game update on the disc, which is the UP0005001010046100 folder that you mentioned. Again there will be no title.tik file, so you need to go back to the SYSTEM folder and copy the title.tik file from either 04 folder.

If it doesn't work, just boot the game while connected to the internet and let it auto update.

My memory is a bit sketchy at the moment but the above is the jizz of it.
You can install extracted (Loadiine format) content without packing it with nuspacker? First I've heard of that.
nvm figured it out.
In the future you can simply use wud2app to convert it. No need to extract.
But it's better if you get the game in installable format to begin with.
Wii U USB Helper is still usable with a workaround: https://www.reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/8gj8z8/workaround_download_and_run_wii_u_usb_helper/
You'll also need to add the title key site to your hosts file as the domain expired:
104.129.56.137 3ds.title...
104.129.56.137 wiiu.title...
Censored for obvious reasons.

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install extracted (Loadiine format) content without packing it with nuspacker? First I've heard of that.

In the future you can simply use wud2app to convert it. No need to extract.
But it's better if you get the game in installable format to begin with.
Wii U USB Helper is still usable with a workaround: https://www.reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/8gj8z8/workaround_download_and_run_wii_u_usb_helper/
You'll also need to add the title key site to your hosts file as the domain expired:
104.129.56.137 3ds.title...
104.129.56.137 wiiu.title...
Censored for obvious reasons.

Bro this has been a crazy ridiculous ride, but it was definitely a learning experience, and I am happy I figured it out! SO theres 2 types of extractions, lol - discU with c and without c. One for installing and one for using loadiine. The loadiine one did not work with BOTW BECAUSE it needed to be updated. Other games work because they don't need to be updated. THE INSTALLATION choice, which i finally used, installs it on your NAND which you can then update via Wii U updater. God help me I fucking figured it out! LOL

Last edited by Deko,

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm, I didn't mention anything about being able to install loadiine format in my reply.

No, but thats where confusion was. You assumed that I had extracted it in installation format, but i extracted it in loadiine.

Deko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, well that explains a lot, yes I assumed you extracted with the WUP/Install files.

Dude its all good, I apreciate your attempt to help me a lot! Its fun figuring this stuff out for me, but I was literally losing my fkin mind.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dude its all good, I apreciate your attempt to help me a lot! Its fun figuring this stuff out for me, but I was literally losing my fkin mind.

No problems, sometimes knowing how to do it is without running into issues is ok, but it's also good experience sometimes to know why it doesn't work, then you get a better picture as to how it suppose to work, if that make any sense.

Reactions: Deko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol