Bezilon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi again!

I want to know, that how can I extract MODEL files from Wii ISO-s, maybe with WiiScrubber, and convert them to any of the popular 3d filetypes (3ds would be the best). And please tell me what should I do this time precisely...
Please if there's anyone out there who can help with this, please reply to this topic =P And please don't lock this topic after sending a nonsense answer, or at least tell me who may know such stuff...

Speff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's different for every game. If you didnt know that, I don't think you'll have the expertise to use the tools. Though, I'll tell you anyway (For Brawl). If you have Windows, install a temp version of linux (Like on a VMWare server, I suggest Ubuntu). GCC is probably included, so then head on over to this post to get the full details of what I am about to explain. If that post is tl:dr, it just says to install the FBX SDK (URL on the linked post) and then edit and run the makefile included in his release source code.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
go back one page and look at the thread "SSBB TEXTURE SWAP" or something like that...okay you can do the rest
smile.gif

Bezilon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Speff said:
It's different for every game. If you didnt know that, I don't think you'll have the expertise to use the tools.
I don't see the connection beetween knowing this fact and using tools. Everybody with just a little anmount of brain could do what they're told to do...

Anyway, to start with, I don't know what is a VMWare server, and I saw a windows bulid in the post you linked before, so I don't get the whole stuff (Plus the short forms you used after...)
frown.gif

Would you please extract Luigi's model files if I kindly ask you to? Please
bow.gif
Or at least reffer me to someone who might could help? (I'd do the converting if someone told me, but the extraction is just a big mess for me, I can't handle it
frown.gif
)

Volkovgo back one page and look at the thread "SSBB TEXTURE SWAP" or something like that...okay you can do the rest
smile.gif
Thanks, but I didn't find anyhing
frown.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The texture swap guys are doing just that - swapping the textures, and they have only said vaguely how to do it (using hex editing and converting). Not extracting any 3D models.

There was a thread about a secret tool made by some locked down forum, but it only worked on the trophies (or something).

There are different types of 3D model in wii games and they all require different ways of extracting them... and not all of them can be easily done by anyone
wink.gif

If you want models then there are GC ones (I have the ones from Double Dash - including Luigi
tongue.gif
) - They are what I used to make my paper models
wink.gif

Speff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bezilon said:
I don't see the connection beetween knowing this fact and using tools. Everybody with just a little anmount of brain could do what they're told to do...

Anyway, to start with, I don't know what is a VMWare server, and I saw a windows bulid in the post you linked before, so I don't get the whole stuff (Plus the short forms you used after...)
frown.gif

Would you please extract Luigi's model files if I kindly ask you to? Please
bow.gif
Or at least reffer me to someone who might could help? (I'd do the converting if someone told me, but the extraction is just a big mess for me, I can't handle it
frown.gif
)

The Windows link you saw was probably just the executable for the SDK required to compile the .exe version (Which isn't out yet last I checked because some other parts of the code needed to be modified for the Windows ver). I just cannot explain all the steps to temporarily installed Linux and build and compile this program because it would just be waaaay to much info to write down. If you still want to do it, there should be tutorials for each step that I listed (Google would help you there), but I am guessing it would takes days for it to work in the end.

I'm sorry to say that the last time I tried to extract Luigi, it came up with an error message. Until I learn data structures and 3d model file formats, I don't see progress on this extractor being done anytime soon (Sabretooth seems to have ditched the project).

Sorry I couldn't be more help in the end. Good luck w/ finding a working extractor

Bezilon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Speff said:
The Windows link you saw was probably just the executable for the SDK required to compile the .exe version (Which isn't out yet last I checked because some other parts of the code needed to be modified for the Windows ver). I just cannot explain all the steps to temporarily installed Linux and build and compile this program because it would just be waaaay to much info to write down. If you still want to do it, there should be tutorials for each step that I listed (Google would help you there), but I am guessing it would takes days for it to work in the end.

I'm sorry to say that the last time I tried to extract Luigi, it came up with an error message. Until I learn data structures and 3d model file formats, I don't see progress on this extractor being done anytime soon (Sabretooth seems to have ditched the project).

Sorry I couldn't be more help in the end. Good luck w/ finding a working extractor
Ok, but thanks for trying anyway, it's really kind of you
smile.gif

Joey90The texture swap guys are doing just that - swapping the textures, and they have only said vaguely how to do it (using hex editing and converting). Not extracting any 3D models.

There was a thread about a secret tool made by some locked down forum, but it only worked on the trophies (or something).

There are different types of 3D model in wii games and they all require different ways of extracting them... and not all of them can be easily done by anyone
wink2.gif

If you want models then there are GC ones (I have the ones from Double Dash - including Luigi
tongue.gif
) - They are what I used to make my paper models
wink2.gif
Yeah, I guess you're right... I'll go and see some screens of games including Luigi and download the best... But Luigi in his brawl suit is just so cool xD And a bit more smoothed I think than in GC versions... (I'm affraid 3ds max will do it badly :S) I'll give it a go, but if there's anyone who have some Luigi models ripped from any Wii games, please IM me
biggrin.gif

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
how can you not see the topic I am talking about? Here are the first 4 threads on the main that I see...find or search for the thread i told u about twice, and talk to them

Forum Topics

Hot topic
VCFE Wip... * 1234
Today, 06:20 PM
Last post by: loesjoel

SSBB Texture Swaps * 123» 48
A sneak peak
smile.gif

Today, 05:59 PM
Last post by: nephdj

trying to install homebrew on jap wii
Today, 05:45 PM
Last post by: samsam12

Extract Wii game models and convert them to popular formats (3ds, ma,
This time, pleas tell me how to do it!!!
227 Today, 05:43 PM
Last post by: Bezilon

Bezilon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Volkov said:
how can you not see the topic I am talking about? Here are the first 4 threads on the main that I see...find or search for the thread i told u about twice, and talk to them
I think you underestaminate my abilties... I looked into that topic, but i din't find anything related to this topic just som "OMG UPDATE!!!" "WHERE'S THE UPDATE??? BOO HOO..." and stuff like this and I don't think I'll find anything about models when it's about TEXTURES...

ANd please, if you want to help me, please at least give me a link or a quote of the post you're trying to explain...

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bezilon said:
Volkov said:
I think you underestaminate my abilties... I looked into that topic, but i din't find anything related to this topic just som "OMG UPDATE!!!" "WHERE'S THE UPDATE??? BOO HOO..." and stuff like this and I don't think I'll find anything about models when it's about TEXTURES...

ANd please, if you want to help me, please at least give me a link or a quote of the post you're trying to explain...

I mean this in the nicest possible way so please don't get mad. By even asking the question you pretty much proved to all of us that you don't have the experience necessary to do it. EVERYONE who knows anything about modern video games knows that model formats for different games are different (i.e. there's NO standard) and often proprietary (it takes manual hacking, or if you are lucky a fan-made tool to extract them). With that being said, you could still be able to figure it out BUT, by saying you had never heard of VMware, it basically means you've never heard of linux or networking tools, or "virtual computing", and therefore have very little computer experience. Also because you can't find a thread in this very forum, that's almost always on the front page due to frequent updates, it shows us you either and unwilling, or unable to figure out things on your own. You need to be willing to work hard to get at game data.

So no, nobody is calling you stupid/untalented/ect by any means, but what were are saying is you simply aren't familiar with computers, 3d modeling, and general hacking, to made use of any info we've given you.

Bezilon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
HowardC said:
Bezilon said:
Volkov said:

I mean this in the nicest possible way so please don't get mad. By even asking the question you pretty much proved to all of us that you don't have the experience necessary to do it. EVERYONE who knows anything about modern video games knows that model formats for different games are different (i.e. there's NO standard) and often proprietary (it takes manual hacking, or if you are lucky a fan-made tool to extract them). With that being said, you could still be able to figure it out BUT, by saying you had never heard of VMware, it basically means you've never heard of linux or networking tools, or "virtual computing", and therefore have very little computer experience. Also because you can't find a thread in this very forum, that's almost always on the front page due to frequent updates, it shows us you either and unwilling, or unable to figure out things on your own. You need to be willing to work hard to get at game data.

So no, nobody is calling you stupid/untalented/ect by any means, but what were are saying is you simply aren't familiar with computers, 3d modeling, and general hacking, to made use of any info we've given you.

YOU ARE SIMPLY STUPID!!!! YOU SAY THINGS I NEVER MENTIONED, NOT TRUE, AND SIMPLY FICTIOUS!!!!!
1: I FOUND THE TOPIC BUT I DIDN'T FIND ANY REVELANT INFO THAT COULD HELP ME!!!!
2: WHY I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH COMPUTERS WHEN I DON'T KNOW HACKING, THIS IS SIMPOLY STUPID AND HOW WOULD YOU KNOW???!!! AM I JUST A STUPID MF WHO USE WINDOWS AND THATS ALL???!!!
3: AGAIN HOW DO YOU KNOW I'M uNFAMILIAR WITH 3D MODELING?????!!! TELL ME!!!!! IF I DIDN'T KNEW ABOUT THIS DIFFERENT GAME DIFFERENT FORMAT STUFF, THAT ONLY MEANS I'M NOT A HACKER AND NOT THAT I'M A TOTAL NOOB YOU IDIOT...!!!!
4: I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT I CAN DO IT, I JUST ASKED HOW, TO SEE HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE...
5: YOU'RE SIMPLY SAYING THAT I'M AN UNTALANTED BRAT WHO JUST WHINES FOR EVERYTHING, I HAVEN'T BEEN ANGRY TILL NOW O ANY OF MY POSTS BEFORE, BUT YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!

THANK YOU... NICEST WAY... GO
Screw-01.gif
YOURSELF!

AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE WARN I'LL GET OR MAYBE THE BAN, I DON'T CARE!!! I ASKED YOU TO HELP ME, YOU INSTEAD COME HERE AND INSULT ME WITH NONSENSES....

Bezilon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I don't know the "american way" but that dosn't sounded nice in any ways....
I Thanked for the help, said I'll use GC games that I can deal with, and that Volkov came back to whine i'm stupid i could find stuff, that i said i found but didn't find useful.... And then HowardC comes from nowhere and starts talking dump.... I know you hate noobs and stuff... for a really unknow reason, somewhen you were one of us... but please don't post just for showing off your typing skills... Thank you...

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
hate noobs? have you noticed that almost every questioning topic that gets opened is answered usually within minutes, with detailed help, and im usually doing the same where I can..

way to have a fit over nothing though...I wasn't whining, just trying to make the "why should you have everything handed to you" point, when i said there was a valid topic going around and to what? what did i say? message the guys running it because they seem to of had an idea on something similar to what you want to do...

but again, described by someone else, it is very different for each game. Maybe you should browse the content of the disc and see what you can find if you're so "experienced with 3D modelling"

good luck, man!

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see I need to say it again
rolleyes.gif

The people doing the TEXTURE hack are NOT extracting the MODELS, they are extracting TEXTURES.

If you want the models, either work out how to do it yourself (not easy, but someone has to), or try somewhere else. Or use a different method to get models of the characters you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb