Hacking Extract single game save file fron NAND backup?

Fedex14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, I made a NAND backup with bootmii a month ago. My little brother deleted a save file from a game >.< and now I was wondering if I could get it back without restoring all the old backup to my wii.
Is this possible? thanks

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes there is. I've never done it myself, so I'm not to clear on the details but I'll set you on the right path at least. Please someone experienced feel free to jump in
wink.gif

You will need to extract the files from your nand.bin dump. You can use either ShowMiiWads or Wii NAND Extractor to do this.

Once the NAND has been extracted navigate to the title/00010000/ folder and copy all the contents to your Wii's SD into SD:/savegames/. You will need to add 00010000 to the beginning of all the folder names in the SD:/savegames/ directory. After doing do, you should now be able to run Savegame Manager on your Wii to restore your saves.

-[]D

Reactions: matt!

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OriginalHamster said:
Big edit
What game it is?
I could help you to find the right folder inside 000100000
Good catch, I didn't realize he just needed the save for one particular game, lol.

Another way of finding out what folder pertains to what game's save data is to find the first four letters of the game's Title ID using the search option over at the WiiTBD (Wii Title DataBase) website. For example, the first four letters of the NTSC-U version of Donkey Kong Country Returns are SF8E. Converting each of the four letters to their ascii value in hex gives us 53463845 which means the directory for the save data should be title/00010000/53463845/.

-[]D

Reactions: SuperMew98

Fedex14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for your replies, I had forgotten about this thread lol. The game is Animal Crossing (not that I play it that much as to make this urgent but it would be nice to have the save file back). Thanks for your help.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the steps:

1. Use ShowMiiWads to extract the file nand.bin from bootmii run

2. After extracting, go to the following folder:
a. If you use ACLGttC:
title/00010000/52555550/data
b. If you use ACCF:
title/00010000/52555545/data

3. Copy the four files inside that folder (banner.bin, rvforest.dat, wc24dl.vff, wc24pubk.mod)
to the newly created folder in step 4 below

4. Depending on which savegame wiibrew application that you use:
a. If you use Waninkoko's savegame installer and extractor applications, you need to create
a folder in your SD card: WIISAVES/RUUP or WIISAVES/RUUE (for ACLGttC or
for ACCF respectively)
b. If you use savegame manager application, you need to create a folder in your SD card:
savegames/0001000052555550 or savegames/0001000052555545 (for ACLGttC or
for ACCF respectively)

5. Run either Waninkoko's savegame installer or savegame manager wiibrew application to
reinstall that animal crossing savegame file to your Wii, and profit

Reactions: RedTony

hacked2123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, my first post on the forum. Pretty sure I'm not about to say anything stupid, but please don't flame on me if I do.

I'm just not clear on the securities of the Wii NAND. My Wii bricked with hundreds and hundreds of hours game play, and I've tried just about everything up to a physical mod-chip to recover it.
My only goal is to get a backup of all the save games...so I'm planning on installing one of my infectus chips and doing a backup of my NAND. (I'm probably not even going to solder the "WRITE" cables if I can avoid doing so (Haven't looked for the pin-out yet))

Anyways, my question is whether or not that would be a waste of my time and effort because of the per console signing?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hacked2123 said:
Anyways, my question is whether or not that would be a waste of my time and effort because of the per console signing?
If you don't already have the keys of the bricked wii (if you ever made a NAND backup with bootmii, they're in that file) then yes it's probably a waste of time. The only way to retrieve the key required to decrypt the NAND is by running a program on the wii itself. It might still be possible depending on how your wii was bricked/how old it is.

hacked2123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
hacked2123 said:
If you don't already have the keys of the bricked wii (if you ever made a NAND backup with bootmii, they're in that file) then yes it's probably a waste of time. The only way to retrieve the key required to decrypt the NAND is by running a program on the wii itself. It might still be possible depending on how your wii was bricked/how old it is.

Thanks, nice to hear someone verify what I believed.
It was "banner bricked" (Health Screen then System Files corrupt afterwards) (There is no Recovery menu though (- and + then A)) It does SaveMiiFrii (Version shows up and disk appears to be being read, but since I was on 4.3...no updates available) Pretty dumb that a system with no modifications would break in the first place though. :-/

Going to grab a Wasabi DX and make it autoboot SSBB, hopefully from there I can launch WAD Manager and backup my saved games...Any reason this wouldn't work?

P.S. Its a launch model, bought it along with my PS3 when they first came out :tup:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: