Extract "opening.bnr" From WAD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TiMeBoMb4u2, Oct 26, 2009.

Oct 26, 2009
  1. TiMeBoMb4u2
    OP

Member TiMeBoMb4u2 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I know there are several tools that can extract an "opening.bnr" file from ISO's, but are there any tools that can do the same for WAD files?

[​IMG]

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    i know the newest version of wadder can copy an existing wad's banner when a creating new wad (not really extracting it, but I'm assuming u only wanted to extract it to include it in a different wad)

Posts merged

cant u just unpack the wad and take the 0000000000000000000.app file (way too many zero's i know) and rename it to bnr?

3. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think Wadder does it well.

4. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Simply unpack the wad with a wad unpacker... 00000000.app is the banner, you just need to rename it...

You can use Crap too, open the wad using Crap (click ... next to the Channel), the banner will be placed in folder Banners as [Name]-[TitleId].cbnr

5. sr_corsario

Member sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Spain

Hello WiiCrazy.

I think he want a opening.bnr to use into a iso forwarder/similar. For instance he need to remove first 64bytes from a 00000000.app

6. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    well if you won't use it as a regular disc then it doesn't matter if you use the dvd type banner or the channel type one (imet headers at different position)
    it's easy to support for the usb loader... currently they only play the sound anyway...

So you say current usb loaders support banners with the dvd type header? (opening.bnr)