Hacking External MircoSD for N3DS mod?

Kawaii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
We know that eveything about N3DS is great except for the mSD slot design. Anyone think this is a good idea to make the mSD easily accessed externally. or the question is anyone has idea in mind to make this fit neatly? This would be useful for Pasta on N3DS if possible

5bvJOmX.jpg

Source:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...-TF-cable-for-car-GPS-DVD-DVR/1748973718.html

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could work, but I wouldn't want stuff dangling personally. Once you've done the initial setup, just transfer stuff wirelessly with the built-in microsd manager or ftpbrony.

Kawaii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
my ftp transfer rate is like 500kb-1mb/s via MicroSD management which is way too slow. its good for small files but not for cia games
it that the normal speed to be expected from ftp?

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my ftp transfer rate is like 500kb-1mb/s via MicroSD management which is way too slow. its good for small files but not for cia games
it that the normal speed to be expected from ftp?

Yes. Instead, look up "3ds microsd management cia" on Google. It's much faster.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes. Instead, look up "3ds microsd management cia" on Google. It's much faster.

well, that is only needed if you don't have access to the original in system settings because you downgraded system settings for the mset hack.
if you are going to boot up emunand or whatever you want, so you are in a hacked environment that would be able to run this application, then just run the real system settings.
i think you can't exit out of it properly, so there is no much benefit (if so)

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been using that a while now. that's the speed that i mentioned

My bad, I thought you were using a client such as WinSCP for FTP. Yeah, I get around 800kb/1mbps, and as far as I know it's the fastest way wirelessly.

well, that is only needed if you don't have access to the original in system settings because you downgraded system settings for the mset hack.
if you are going to boot up emunand or whatever you want, so you are in a hacked environment that would be able to run this application, then just run the real system settings.
i think you can't exit out of it properly, so there is no much benefit (if so)

It's actually been fixed, somewhat. You just go back to the home menu and an error popup is shown, though there isn't any actual problem.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really do t get why everyone has a problem with the bottom plate. The first 5-6 times taking the plate off is a pain but after that I don't even need the stylus to pry it off my fingernail works fine and it is very loose on all 3 of my N3DSs. I am always at my desk when I do it because the only reason to access it is to plug it into the PC. I just keep a 0 or 00 screw driver in my pen caddy. It takes no time at all. If I am trying some new exploit or something I just leave it off until I am all done.

A whole set of little scredrivers is only a couple of bucks at the dollar store or Harbor Freight. I keep a set on every floor in my house so changing batteries on toys is not a big ordeal.

I can pop that thing out and transfer a file long before one can get the damn thing to show up on network connections on the PC for a wireless transfer. If the screws didn't have the retainer clips I would understand the frustration.

Seriously this is all such a non issue.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah the obvious solution would be getting a replacement back cover and cutting a hole in it so you can access the mSD holder.......would probably look neater and be more practical than having a ribbon cable hanging out of the 3ds

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
what i do is that i keep the screws loose so i can detach the plate when needed, the msdata management only works mostly for savedatafiler files :P but now it stopped working for me the mod forthe lower plate would be a good idea

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say, if you can make it look nice, I would absolutely do it. I may look for one of those myself. If you can mount the socket and make it look OEM, it will be awesome. If you decide to do this, please keep us updated as far as your progress with it. I would love to see some pictures so that I could try it myself. Thanks.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
what do you guys think of this:
http://www.amazon.com/Manufacture-Sdhc-micro-Reader-Extension-Cable/dp/B0085GGO92

Seems like it would be nice for those of use who have a lot of the old SD and not micro.
It should work, the question is where would you put it, how would it look not terrible and would there be any issues (like card popping out because no flap or something)
Tbh it don't think it would work as that adapter is very broad, and the n3ds has a recess for the mSD card.....so the broad section wouldn't be able to fit in without some degree of bending the board, which could just snap it.....also logically it doesn't make sense as to have that poking out the back, you couldn't have the back cover on, which defeats the purpose of having it as you could just leave the back off to access it anyway if you where going to do that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia