External memory or internal?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by winkershmit, Jul 6, 2007.

Jul 6, 2007
  1. winkershmit
    OP

Newcomer winkershmit Member

United States
    What would be the way to go, getting an external microSD card with the R4/M3 Simply, or just buying the G6 Real with the internal memory.

2. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    You shouldn't have asked... [​IMG]

3. winkershmit
    OP

United States
    Why not?

4. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Because you'll drown... To a question such as yours there are two obvious answers.

1. I prefer internal memory
    2. I prefer external memory

Now, if I said I would go for the G6DS Real because I prefer internal memory... would that make you any wiser? [​IMG]

I actually have that card, because internal memory *is* better... (in my HUMBLE opinion) [​IMG]

5. Haruspex

Member Haruspex GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    It just a matter of personal preference. If you are fine with 1GB memory (the 2GB model just announced but it isn't for sale yet) then go for the G6DS Real. If you are not stay away from it.

Another thing that G6DS Real now is missing is the DLDI. And that means no homebrew! The G6 Team promised the DLDI at June but still nothing. From the other hand due to the internal flash memory you are sure that all games even the more demanding ones are working perfect without lags/slowdows.

And just a final note. Most people like better flashcarts with external memory if that means anything to you.

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    How true.

I, on the other hand, prefer external memory. It's expandable, memory cards are cheap, you get more memory per dollar, if the memory card dies it's easier (and cheaper) to replace than replacing the entire flashcard (and if the flashcard dies, you get to keep the memory card [​IMG] ). You can also use the memory card elsewhere; cameras, mobile phones, or just as random data storage.

Still, it's a matter of personal preference.

7. winkershmit
    OP

United States
    You're right, it is a matter of preference, but I just wanted to see if there are disadvantages and advantages between the two different types of memory.

8. gaboumafou

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Less compatibility problem with internal memory (with games like Castlevania). That's what I heard anyway: I'm playing Castlevania POR with a Taiwan Kingston MicroSD, and it work just fine (I'm at the final battle with Dracula, BTW).

9. winkershmit
    OP

United States
    Thank you for the reply, I appreciate your help. I think I might buy the G6 Real, I just don't feel like getting a microSD card, I'm kind of lazy. [​IMG]

10. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    personal preference is the key.

i was going to get the G6 real, but the reviews gave the download play a bad rating, and me personally i want download play to play games with my friends and such. So i ended up getting a cyclods evolution(just received it monday, my 1st flashcart) and a 2gig memory stick.

also the reason i was looking at the G6 real is because internal memory because internal memory is so fast, you might want to wait and just get the 2gig version of the G6 real.

11. SuperDinoYoshi

Newcomer SuperDinoYoshi Member

United States
    I got an R4 over a G6 because they still haven't released anything for homebrew yet. No DLDI drivers, No nothing. And for the price of the 1gb G6, I got a 2gb microsd kingston japanese card with my R4.

12. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    The new v2.2 G6DS firmware gives it DLDI autopatching.