Hacking External LG DVD drive available?

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My computer cannot accept another DVD drive and all of the LG drives I've seen that can be used for dumping are internal. Are there any external ones out there? Please and thank-you!
smile.gif

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks aslacker55, that may be the option I choose. Is this pretty much confirmation that an external DVD drive that can read Wii discs does not exist?

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to save some cost. Buying an internal drive and the casing costs more than just an external drive.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bear in mind you can use a case for nearly everything (including troubleshooting), get one that does IDE and SATA and you are laughing.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just to save some cost. Buying an internal drive and the casing costs more than just an external drive.

The program only works on that kind of drive, it just so happens to also support it if it's external in a casing as well.

as FAST6191 said, you can use the case for other things too later, like an extra HDD or whatever.

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It says it uses USB 2.0. Is that a fast enough connection? I haven't used an external for a while but I think the last one I had used one of those connections you had to screw in with all the pins.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sure it's fast enough to work... it just might take longer to dump than if you had it internally installed. But hey, the first version of rawdump took 50 hours to dump a game! So even if it takes you 5 hours (twice as long as normal) you shouldn't be too upset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet