Hacking External HardDrive, ISO's and rev14?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,508
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted_171835

OP
I'm planning to purchase the Iomega Prestige 1TB HardDrive. I did my research and it seems to work well. I'm planning on installing USB Loader GX to play games put on the harddrive.

I'm relatively new to the 'Wii pirating scene'. What is the standard of way of utilizing a patch when somebody creates one for a game? How would I go about installing it?

Obviously, I know not to ask for specific links to sites that host Wii ISO's or torrent sites. Anyways, where do most people download their games? Torrents? Usenet? Direct MegaUpload Downloads?

Also, what exactly is rev14? Thanks!

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
I'm planning to purchase the Iomega Prestige 1TB HardDrive. I did my research and it seems to work well. I'm planning on installing USB Loader GX to play games put on the harddrive.

I'm relatively new to the 'Wii pirating scene'. What is the standard of way of utilizing a patch when somebody creates one for a game? How would I go about installing it?

Obviously, I know not to ask for specific links to sites that host Wii ISO's or torrent sites. Anyways, where do most people download their games? Torrents? Usenet? Direct MegaUpload Downloads?

Also, what exactly is rev14? Thanks!
To answer the Pirate question, read the bold.

The first question, There'll be 20 Newbie topics on how, why, how to for any new game.

Edit: Rev (X) Is Cios, (Custom ios) used by homebrew, and backups.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Thanks, Davess.

Also, what is rev14? Do they have iso's that can brick your Wii like they have roms that can brick your DS? If so, what can I do to avoid them? Any other tips when using a USB Loader?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, you usually download the patched game, or you download the normal one and use some instructions that come with the patch
tongue.gif

Sometimes it's even easier and it's simply a cIOS or Loader update that does the trick
wink.gif

Different people use different methods to download games. I don't think there's a major group. I personally get Direct links (with JDownloader) myself (faster and safer)
smile.gif

rev14 is the revision number of the cIOS you need to install (although I'd recommend rev17 myself)

SoulSnatcher said:
Do they have iso's that can brick your Wii like they have roms that can brick your DS? If so, what can I do to avoid them? Any other tips when using a USB Loader?
An ISO on it's own can't brick your wii. The only "dangerous" thing about them are the system menu updates, which can brick it bad cases (like wrong region).
Updates can be blocked (Priiloader / Any Backup loader) or removed (Most USB loaders do that, as well as WiiScrubber)

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Okay. Thanks for the quick response Davess and tj_cool.

Now, I just need to purchase the hard-drive from Amazon and I'm all set!
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb