External Hard Drives

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by TLSpartan, Jan 2, 2008.

Jan 2, 2008

External Hard Drives by TLSpartan at 7:42 AM (800 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I plan on getting one of the external hard drive cases from DX (2.5inch). Has anybod bought one of them or know how hot these cases get and how to make them cooler? Thanks for reading [​IMG]

Screw it. Will just get a Maxtor,Western Digital,etc (pre made)

2. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I got the 500gb western digital ibook. They run really quietly and never get hot. I also have a cheap 200gb external harddrive which I think has a maxtor in it. That gets a bit hot, but nothing to worry about.

3. Scalpos

Newcomer Scalpos Member

France
    I bought a 2.5inch external box from DX one year ago. Damn cheap, but totally crap. Bad plastic and really basic quality. The mini USB plug was broken 2 monthes after reception, soldering part was'nt strong enough. One good point, the simili-leather pouch included with the external box is now used with my rocking 2nd good old fellow Icy Box.

4. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Buying anything computer related here in Australia is horrible [​IMG] And to put salt on the wounds newegg doesnt ship here [​IMG] Any good webshops that sell External Hard drives?

5. gh0ul

Member gh0ul GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That is strange. i noticed that too when i visited there. My buddy and i were actually looking for a external hard drive everywhere but we couldnt find one....had to wait until we got to hawaii.

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    hey, i should probably looking into getting one too...

i have a "laser" branded case holding a 300gb drive (don't know the brand) i bought ages ago. it's kinda dodgy though, gets quite hot if it's on too long.

and what about power supplies. my power supply gets hot too....