EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am looking for external hard drives that can play media files.

this is what i have found so far:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/External-Hard-Drive-Enc...9181210001r5628

I dont care much if it is an enclosure or a unit with built in hard drive, but hopefully something available in Canada. I would prefer to just go into a retail store and pick one up, but if necessary I will have it shipped.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

(Money isnt an issue, but the cheaper the better as long as quality is still good
smile.gif

Thanks

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
dealextreme.com

The one I see there is sold out.. and I dont mind buying from dealextreme.. but this is the kinda item i would rather deal directly with a store for, for warrant purposes etc.

Thanks for the input though. Anything else? I have found tons on google but most of the websites appear to be UK

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Around $45 US.

Original xbox, appears to be less than that. If you are up for a hotswap then modding is free (memory card+splinter cell is not bad if not).
I wager xbmc can beat just about any external drive.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Noone cares, but this is what I ended up going with.. and so far I am enjoying it.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...amp;catid=22211

Wow, that is incredibly cheap considering that it has a big touch screen and a huge capacity. I've heard lots of great things about the Archos 605, but I'm kind of confused about the plugin thing. I heard you have to buy the plugin for videos and other stuff? I'm not sure...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shakraka said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Noone cares, but this is what I ended up going with.. and so far I am enjoying it.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...amp;catid=22211

Wow, that is incredibly cheap considering that it has a big touch screen and a huge capacity. I've heard lots of great things about the Archos 605, but I'm kind of confused about the plugin thing. I heard you have to buy the plugin for videos and other stuff? I'm not sure...

Yes, you have to buy the internet (For this model you have to, but not the upcoming model which looks much better than this.), and you have to buy video formats in order for them to work. Something like that.

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It plays AVI/Divx/Xvid right out of the box, which is all I cared about. You can buy extra plugins for Mpeg-2/VOB (or is that mpeg-4 i cant remember).

Opera browser costs extra (but there are ways so save money on this too)

One very nice feature is the ability to stream media over my home network. So I just connect to my network, pick a movie and play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte