External Hard Drive keeps making the game freeze during games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ntsshap4, Apr 7, 2010.

1. ntsshap4
    OP

Newcomer ntsshap4 Newbie

United States
    All i wanna do is load games of usb loader.... everything works but it keeps crashing because my hard drive keeps slowing down... i'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it... help please!!!!

2. arevir711

Newcomer arevir711 Member

United States
    Sounds like the hard drive is going into energy saving, spin down mode. Whats the model of the hard drive? I have a Seagate 500gb FreeAgent Pro and I had to download the computer software from Seagate's website to disable hard drive spin down. Most likely the cause of the issue.

3. ntsshap4
    OP

Newcomer ntsshap4 Newbie

United States

ohhhhh that must be it.... how can i figure out which model mine is? all i know is that it's 500 gb seagate and it works on both macs and windows.... i got it for my mac but i managed to format it for my wii..... should i just go on seagates website or something???? if anyone can post a link that would be greatly appreciated!!!

i think my model is "free agent desk." not sure though.

4. User423

Member User423 GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Just send you a PN. [​IMG]

/edit
    I´m not sure if the software works if your drive is formatted with WBFS. Just try it.

5. arevir711

Newcomer arevir711 Member

United States
    This link is the software for the entire FreeAgent line of products from Seagate, click me!

Not sure if your hard drive is fat32 or wbfs, either way you shouldnt have an issue changing the spin down setting on the drive. If if is formated as wbfs, no worries, it will just recognize the disk as unpartitioned, unformated device. You can still adjust the energy save function, switch it to OFF. If it asks you to format don't. You should be golden after that, I've even deleted the software afterwards. Hope that helps.

6. ntsshap4
    OP

Newcomer ntsshap4 Newbie

United States

thanks man, but is there a link for macs?

edit-

nvm i found this link that makes it work...
    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/syst...vespinning.html

thanks for the help boys