External Hard Drive as a SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Binxy, Aug 21, 2009.

Aug 21, 2009
  1. Binxy
    OP

Member Binxy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What I am trying to say is that I was wondering if there is a way I could load game saves from my hard drive and not the SD card.
    My problem is I have Rock Band 2 and the 2gb card is almost filled up with DLC songs. I would get a 16 gb hcsd card but they don't work with rock band2. I do have 30gb partitioned on 500gb hard in FAT32.
    I was told I could do this with USB LOADER 1.5 or USB LOADER GX. But I don't know how I could do that with them.
    I know I can save games to an external Hard Drive and play them from there. But, I am already doing that, and that isn't my question.

Anyways....I'm starting to ramble. Any help would be great. If there isn't a way to do it then a simple no will be good.
    Thanks in advance

2. Binxy
    OP

Member Binxy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well it seems I'm not the only one that is thinking of this idea with 56 views.
    Hope I can get some help.

3. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    the only way i can think of that would be possible would be by emulating the entire wii's NAND and running it off hard drive. im not sure if its possible to do that or if NAND emulators can only run them off a big SD card.