External charger / extended battery (N3DS XL)?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Pokepicker, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Pokepicker
    OP

Pokepicker GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2015
    Norway
    Hi there.

I was just thinking of the "High capacity(HC)" battery I ordered from Nintendo for my WiiU Gamepad. This would be great for my N3DS. Not that the batterylife is poor. But more wouldn't hurt.

I don't think Nintendo makes an original HC battery for the 3DS. One of the reasons might be weight or even more, space limitations.
    So if I can't have a larger battery in my N3DS XL without making it more bulky, are there any, in lack of a better word, external chargers? If so, I could order a spare original battery, and charge the one while the other one is in use.

Thanks for any input :)

2. brushguy

brushguy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    Germany
    I am really pleased with "Mugen Power Extended Batteries"
    http://www.amazon.com/Mugen-Power-N...id=1465077922&sr=8-2&keywords=mugen+power+3ds

I have two of them, one for 3DS XL and another for N3DS XL, drawback on N3DS you basically loose (easy / hassle free) access to the microsd.

Edit: Well, on N3DS its already by design a pita to access the msd...
    Edit2: Oh, i have overread "more bulky" but for me it just feels better with the bigger housing and i don´t want to miss it.

Last edited by brushguy, Jun 4, 2016
  3. KingpinSlim

KingpinSlim Newbie

Without making it more bulky? No.
    That's physically impossible without any major breakthroughs in battery-technology.
    The Mugen ones are propably okay, but their price is absolutely unreasonable.
    91usd for a battery? Hell no.

4. brushguy

brushguy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    Germany
    Don´t want to start a discussion here and i get your point on the price tag.
    Just let me say that you can play like nearly full-time every day up to one week without recharging - which is really nice.
    But this is not what the thread starter is looking for, so, over and out.