External battery charger for gamepad battery?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RickyEarl, Apr 6, 2017.

1. RickyEarl
    OP

RickyEarl Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2006
    Hey, I just bought the WUP-013 extended time battery for my WiiU gamepad. My stock battery still works OK - about 2-3 hours or so. Is there was a method to charge these batteries outside the gamepad so you could swap them as needed and eliminate down time? It would be pretty cool to have a charged one ready when the other one died.

2. Trylk248

Trylk248 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    Canada
    A real way would be to take another GamePad and see hwo to fuse togheter the charging port and battery holder.

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    It's a standard lipo battery, there are plenty of more and less reputable generic chargers - make sure you can limit charge time and current, temperature detection would be a nice bonus

If all else fails, current and voltage limited power supply + wall socket timer will do the job safely (if properly set), but you won't get optimal performance and wear so...

4. themyst

themyst GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    You could simply get an external battery charger and get a USB plug for it. Then you could plug it in and play for days on end.