Homebrew Extended Memory games crashing on New 3DS XL

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the hell of it why don't you delete the luma config file found in your luma folder on the sd and see if it does anything.
Gimme your paypal, I'm sending you $10, because that fucking worked

edit: why in the hell didn't it work when I took out my SD card, then? Thank you so much for the suggestion, dude. Seriously

Last edited by Lanlan,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sat down and tried to think logically about what was going on, the nand was written back and it didn't change anything, the games that didn't have high mem worked, the only other thing I could think of was the luma config. You are welcome, I know it would suck to buy something for like $250 and have something like this happen

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gimme your paypal, I'm sending you $10, because that fucking worked

edit: why in the hell didn't it work when I took out my SD card, then? Thank you so much for the suggestion, dude. Seriously
I told you to format your sd, card, redownload the files and copy to A fresh formated SD card before...but you didn't

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Remember that the guide tells you to install Luma3DS on the NAND itself, and to boot the 3DS without an SD so that the Luma3DS installed on the NAND can create it's own config file.

If op somehow had a faulty version of Luma3DS, which they also used on the NAND, it would make sense that the bad/corrupt settings file is also found in there, and since Luma3DS loads from NAND when an SD is not found, it is also loading this bad config, hence it not working.

Op should go into FBI and do the same, delete the config file from the NAND and make a new one just in case.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told you to format your sd, card, redownload the files and copy to A fresh formated SD card before...but you didn't
It did not need to be formatted, it was just the config, formatting the sd would have been brutal overkill if he only had to delete one file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Remember that the guide tells you to install Luma3DS on the NAND itself, and to boot the 3DS without an SD so that the Luma3DS installed on the NAND can create it's own config file.

If op somehow had a faulty version of Luma3DS, which they also used on the NAND, it would make sense that the bad/corrupt settings file is also found in there, and since Luma3DS loads from NAND when an SD is not found, it is also loading this bad config, hence it not working.

Op should go into FBI and do the same, delete the config file from the NAND and make a new one just in case.
Good point!

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:(

My problem has resurfaced. I was dumping a box of Charmanders on Wondertrade, after about ten or so I get a crash, and the "an error has occurred" screen, now EMM games won't boot again. I tried deleting the config to no avail, I'm hesitant to restore my nand, because reorganizing my Home Menu is a pain, and it didn't work last time

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a boot.firm, but nothing else in the root. Where would the bin be? At root?
Yes, it would be in the root of the CTR NAND, Check inside CTR NAND/rw/luma and see if there is a luma config, if so delete it along with the config on your sd and start your console without the sd in once.

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it would be in the root of the CTR NAND, Check inside CTR NAND/rw/luma and see if there is a luma config, if so delete it along with the config on your sd and start your console without the sd in once.
Yeah, I did that previously and it didn't work, unfortunately

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is crazy man, I wonder what is going on, what kind of sd do you have, have you tested another to see if it does the same thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off...