Homebrew extdata OLD9.0.0-20 XL USA > extdata NEW9.2.0-20J

2xkrazy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Q1: Are extdata files encrypted/unique per profile?

I currently have an old XL at 9.0.0-20 USA with MH4U extdata. I recently purchased a new 3DS and updated to 9.2.0-20J via NRT. I am currently using cubic ninja and regionFOUR to play my MH4U retail cart on the Japanese 3DS. When I try to download the MH4U DLC from the game menu on the Japanese 3DS, I get an error and it kicks me out.

I was thinking about injecting the USA extdata into the correct folder on my JPN SD card, but if it's encrypted per profile, it probably won't work.

Q2: For MH4U card owners out there, is it even possible to download updates (ie usa patch v1.1) and DLC without resorting to .cia packages and installing via GW or Pasta?

Thanks.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone,

I currently have an old XL at 9.0.0-20 USA with MH4U extdata. I recently purchased a new 3DS and updated to 9.2.0-20J via NRT. I am currently using cubic ninja and regionFOUR to play my MH4U retail cart on the Japanese 3DS. When I try to download the MH4U DLC from the game menu on the Japanese 3DS, I get an error and it kicks me out.

I was thinking about injecting the USA extdata into the correct folder on my JPN SD card, but if it's encrypted per profile, it probably won't work.

Q2: For MH4U card owners out there, is it even possible to download updates (ie usa patch v1.1) and DLC without resorting to .cia packages and installing via GW or Pasta?

Thanks.

extdata can be decrypted with SaveDataFiler.

You could use eShop spoof via Pasta or NTR-CFW to download things directly from the eShop, sysNAND only though.

2xkrazy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
extdata can be decrypted with SaveDataFiler.

You could use eShop spoof via Pasta or NTR-CFW to download things directly from the eShop, sysNAND only though.

So my only option is to resort to Pasta..

1) Decrypt extdata_USA and extdata_JPN and swap via SaveDataFiler.
2) Use FunkyCIA to package MHFU update_v1.1USA into a .cia and install onto JPN 3DS via Pasta.
3) Load JPN Pasta (region free?) and run MHFU with sig checks disabled.

Am I doing this right? I have a hard mod so I can definitely experiment without worry.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So my only option is to resort to Pasta..

1) Decrypt extdata_USA and extdata_JPN and swap via SaveDataFiler.
2) Use FunkyCIA to package MHFU update_v1.1USA into a .cia and install onto JPN 3DS via Pasta.
3) Load JPN Pasta (region free?) and run MHFU with sig checks disabled.

Am I doing this right? I have a hard mod so I can definitely experiment without worry.
That should work, at least there's no chance of bricking or anything like that.
You can probably find a cia of the update if you don't feel like dumping it yourself.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
extdata is not the updates/dlc for a game, you will need to install the update/dlc as a cia to install it on a different region console

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
oh yeah, very few games do this though, and its only really for free DLC ,like the daily puzzles on professor layton and stuff thats free like that ....but for the OP, yeah any sort of free dlc will likely be possible using just extdata i guess, but the actual title update will not be stored in extdata
I don't think he meant that the update was stored in extdata.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: stick a decal on it