Export audio from Wii U Gamepad in vWii mode?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by da_nikon, Jul 31, 2013.

1. da_nikon
    OP

da_nikon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2012
    Hi. The title says it all. Is it possible to use the Wii U's gamepad's headphone jack to export audio in vWii mode? I am asking because i plan to use the Wii U with a LCD monitor trough HDMI to DVI cable, but like we know - the Wii U can't export HDMI and component audio at the same time (wtf nintendo, rly).

2. Ninja_Carver

Ninja_Carver GBAtemp Fan

Dec 27, 2012
    United States

The real WTF here is why you are using an LCD monitor without an HDMI port...

3. da_nikon
    OP

da_nikon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2012
    I am using HDMI -> DVI cable and it works great for my ps3 and xbox360, but both of those systems allow audio export from standard AV out.

4. Ninja_Carver

Ninja_Carver GBAtemp Fan

Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    if you're going to use a monitor perhaps its time to upgrade to one that supports HDMI, that's the real issue.

5. da_nikon
    OP

da_nikon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2012
    It's hard to agree, but you are right. :) I am already looking up some 27" monitors with HDMI input.

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Does the headphone jack output audio? If so you can use a male to male stereo audio cable, plug it right into your computer's "line-in" and record it with your favorite audio editor such as Goldwave or Adobe Audition.

e: oh not export but "play." Good luck!

7. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States