ROM Hack [Explorers of Sky Starter Hack] PMD Explorers of Lava, Explorers of Sea, and Explorers of Light

bluhacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I submit a ROM Hack in GBAtemp. :wink:
Today I present to you three starter hacks of PMD Explorers of Sky! These starter hacks are based off the Japan only Wiiware games, Keep Going! Blazing Adventure Squad, Let’s Go! Stormy Adventure Squad(Pikachu and Eevee didn’t get Let’s Go! first lol) and Go For It! Light Adventure Squad. Each one has the starters from these games playable for both genders along with new ones I added in based on their wild Pokemon exclusives. Please note that I didn’t touch Sky’s gender exclusive starters or the partner Pokemon.
The rom hacks are still the same as Explorers of Sky but with starter changes, however, perhaps you might be bored with the default starters and want to try different Pokemon. Here’s each version of the rom hack.

Explorers of Fire
VpWKHoa.png

This is based off of Keep Going! Blazing Adventure Squad

Starters
c410ca01258e292e297f670b40ad042ed27061e1_1_498x500.png

Explorers of Sea
UIUHizq.png

This is based off of Let’s Go! Stormy Adventure Squad

Starters
f5f374f6706ccef1ed5b4dcc1fb9ae3b33c0a965_1_489x500.png

Explorers of Light
pSXrEgJ.png

This is based off of Go For It! Light Adventure Squad

Starters
e17590a62c0b665753301aa1b40842c899aa9c3b_1_495x500.png

You can see that some starters are in the list twice due to the gender exclusives. I did this because I wanted the Wiiware starters to be available to both genders which is why I didn’t edit the gender exclusives. Wynaut and Azurill were starters in Stormy Adventure Squad but I replaced them with Kirlia and Marill because they are too weak to be a PMD starter.

Screenshots
e600cc422b70e89785c3d32efcc6de51310f1b2e.png
296fde50eaff7d15dd4f317fdd9cab85015ca220.png
f4400d9b16013511e40b7afdae3e2d3741c162b1.png

yzlz7u7.png
AQLBBuz.png
ndgleky.png

Download(contains three patches for which version you want)
Mediafire

Use Delta Patcher to patch with 4273 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky (US)(XenoPhobia) ROM.

Glitches/Oddities

• Playing as a starter that was not a starter in PMD will use the walking animation for frames that it doesn’t have (hands up, eating, sleeping, etc) They will also use their normal portrait for every situation in the game

• Playing as Cubone, Machop, or Psyduck will cause them to use their portraits and animations from Rescue Team, since the Explorer games are built off of Blue Rescue Team (Time/Darkness debug menu allows you to go back to a buggy Town Square and story animations for Pokemon used in Rescue Team are left unused in Explorers) Also, you get something funny when they eat in the guild
These rom hacks should be able to rescue players with Time/Darkness/Sky since I only changed the starters, if they do not please let me know.
During the first question in the quiz which asks you if you played Time or Darkness, selecting no will increase your chances of getting the new starters.

Credits
Me for editing the starters
evandixon for the tool SkyEditor, which allowed me to make these three small hacks

Last edited by bluhacks,

bluhacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, @bluhacks! Could you please list all of the available starters again?

Thank you in advance, and nice work! :yaynds:
Sorry for the very late reply, seems like the pictures for the starters somehow got deleted. :/
Since I made this a year ago I nearly forgot the starter selection, but after my vacation I will try to update the post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over