Hacking Exploitable PSP OFW 2017?

WooHyun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well..... the "Start Here" thread was obviously written a long time ago, before 6.61 came, and I want to buy a PSP now, when chances of getting 6.61 OFW is high. And although other websites seem to be introducing 6.61 exploits, I am still unsure of certain things(Articles full of expert words are especially difficult for a non-English native like me to read......), so I want to ask a question here.

If I buy a PSP(2000 or 3000, I don't bother other models) now, can I surely
1. Load PSP backups?
2. Run homebrews, like gpSP or Snes9x?
3. Play custom PS1 eboots?
even in the WORST SCENARIO? Or will the latest OFW restrict some of the features above and I have to look for specific version or it?
Thanks in advance.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
PsP3xxx is best if you ask me.
You can run cfw on 6.61 :-)
So all emus, psp eboots will work
Thanks for your reply. That was super quick:D
This is why I love GBATemp, so many kind people here!
I'm not a kind person!!! *don't let them know you're nice and all*
Plus you can run a perma cfw on 3xxx now :3
If you need any help, pm me.

Reactions: WooHyun

WooHyun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Get yourself a large mem card, or an sd adapter and set sail with us yahr matey
I bought a red PSP 3005 with 4GB memory card! I wanted to buy a Kingdom Hearts BbS retail Cart, but they seemed to be selling only Japanese versions in Korea.(Oh, man! I never knew speaking Japanese was so popular among Korean gamers...) That's when CFW helped. Grab a Final Mix, and with CFW, I could rip it, English patch it and run it! Now I'm playing English version of KHBbS:FM through my CFW. And all of this process was a breeze, especially when compared to installing A9LH on my 3DS. Thank you!

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I bought a red PSP 3005 with 4GB memory card! I wanted to buy a Kingdom Hearts BbS retail Cart, but they seemed to be selling only Japanese versions in Korea.(Oh, man! I never knew speaking Japanese was so popular among Korean gamers...) That's when CFW helped. Grab a Final Mix, and with CFW, I could rip it, English patch it and run it! Now I'm playing English version of KHBbS:FM through my CFW. And all of this process was a breeze, especially when compared to installing A9LH on my 3DS. Thank you!
Glad to be of assistance :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.