Hacking Exploader Autosave and softreset for 3in1?

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to know if rudolphs Exploader auto saves when loading a new rom into the PSRAM? I modified my ini file to
read
#
# GBA_ExpLoader.ini
#
SaveDir /GBA_SAVE
SignDir /GBA_SIGN
#No_MultiSave ! No Multi Save
No_MultiSave

but still seems i have to manually save the SRAM data every time I launch Exploader is this correct or is there a autosave i am missing something?
Also is there a softreset function when playing a GBA game?

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
# GBA_ExpLoader.ini
#
SaveDir /GBA_SAVE
SignDir /GBA_SIGN
#No_MultiSave ! No Multi Save
No_MultiSave

You don't add the No_MultiSave, you uncomment the first one so it looks like this.

# GBA_ExpLoader.ini
#
SaveDir /GBA_SAVE
SignDir /GBA_SIGN
No_MultiSave ! No Multi Save

EDIT: And no there is no soft reset as there is no DS functionality in GBA mode.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The way he had it should work.

I believe it should store the save file to your slot1 (in the GBA_SAVE folder according to your settings) the next time you run GBA ExpLoader (after turning off your NDS).

-Bri

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I turn off/on the DS i do get a prompt to save the sram from game A. If do not save at this point when I play game B I would lose my save data from game A. I was under the impression every time I loaded a new game into the psram exploader would auto save my sram data before, am I thinking incorrectly?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use the eWin 2in1 rather than the EZ 3in1, and I can tell you that with the eWin GBA ExpLoader saves everything automatically. Maybe there is a setting for the EZ 3in1 that makes it save automatically.

-Bri

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
uncomment the set-value and parameter, don't make a new one with no parameters, how the hell could that ever work ? voodoo ?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mercm3:

Try what krazykirk and sidneyyoung suggested, which is to change the ini file so it looks like this (i.e. just uncomment the "No_MultiSave..." line rather than adding a new line):

# GBA_ExpLoader.ini
#
SaveDir /GBA_SAVE
SignDir /GBA_SIGN
No_MultiSave ! No Multi Save

See if that works. It definitely sounds as though you're using multisave.

-Bri

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the issue regarding the 3in1. You were correct Bri my ini file was fine the way it was. It seems the exploader needed to be in root of micro SD card in order not to use Multisave. Once I moved both ini and nds files to root that fixed the issue. Now much easier for boys to play GBA games thanks everyone for all the help.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mercm3,

Glad you got it working! BTW, you can move the .nds file anywhere you want, but the .ini file does have to be at the root.

The reason the program can't find the .ini file in the same folder as the .nds file is because a running application on the NDS has no way to know what folder it's running in, so it cannot look in the "current" folder for .ini files like a program running on a PC can. If the programmer wants to allow the user to put an .ini file elsewhere, the location has to be specific so that the program can search for it (for example, a lot of programs allow the .ini to be in a specific sub-folder of a "data" folder), or else it would have to search the entire microSD card for it.

-Bri

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh ok, bad assumption on my part just years of using the app.path property I didn't even think about the different enviroment a NDS has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night