^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An explanation of terms and flashcart/modding faq, or something like that, would be very useful to people new to GBAtemp.

The explanation of terms would be something like a glossary in the back of a book, explaining all the terms often used on this site. Even basic words such as "flashcart" and "homebrew" and "brick" would be useful to people new to the hacking scene. I was very confused when I first came onto this site while browsing the forums- mostly confused by the jargon used.

The faq could just explain how modding and flashcarts work and what they do- very basic stuff would be fine. No need to go into detail about modchips and flashcarts, the reviews already do that. You could simply explain all the regular tools needed to mod a console, how to download roms (w/o links), etc. etc.

If these two things were added to GBAtemp, maybe to the wiki section, many new members would surely be more at home!
cool.gif

EDIT: never mind about the explanation of terms, looks like there's already a glossary. Thanks Shinji for telling me that.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Left side of the portal page...
Guides and FAQs
· Wiki Tutorial
· DLDI Tutorial
· Glossary
· Official List of flash card Dealers
· Official Guide to FlashMe
· Guide to DS Emulation Terms

smile.gif

EDIT: bolded for emphasis~

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry my bad. Didn't see that! :blush: Thanks Shinji for pointing that out.

Mods may delete this thread, but I'd just like to say that a wii modding faq could be added to the faq list. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat