Question Experimenting with nsp backups and own eshop titles

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Jarconetti, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Jarconetti
    OP

Jarconetti Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Spain
    an error occurred when i try to launch a previously bought eshop game if i'm using CFW, so tired of having to boot into OFW to play a little of isaac or enter the gungeon, i installed an .nsp of those games, now i can run them on CFW, but i get the same error now on the OFW, so it solves the problem but i got no idea how to revert it, or if it will affect future updates.

Last edited by Jarconetti, Aug 18, 2018
  2. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    You cannot revert it other than to restore a clean nand backup if you have it, and reinstall the eShop title on OFW.

Of course that would put you right back where you are!

What you could have done before (or after doing a stock restore and redolwnoading the title)is use switchSDTool to extract the game from a dump you made after you install the title.

Currently the only way to backup a eShop title from your console.

Though I'm unsure why you couldn't play it on CFW in the first place? Hopefully reinstalling the backup nsp in CFW would resolve it for you.

Edit - pasted wrong link, not launchpadnx ... switchSDTool!

Last edited by iriez, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Jarconetti
    OP

Jarconetti Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Spain
    i cannot run any of the bought eshop games i have under CFW, i'm gonna try launchpad and the delete ticket function of tinfoil or maybe delete using Devmenu to revert it. but got no idea why that error appears.

4. Jarconetti
    OP

Jarconetti Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Spain
    so uninstalling with tinfoil worked,then redownloading in OFW it works under CFW/OFW, no idea why it works now

Last edited by Jarconetti, Aug 19, 2018