Hacking Experienced hacker, new to 360. Cheapest mod?

mesenkomaha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm a very frugal hacker and recently picked up a phat Falcon 360. It works and has a newer dashboard version on it. I am looking to be able to mod this thing at the lowest possible price and willing to sacrifice convenience for this. It looks like flashing the dvd drive is going to be the cheapest route, is that right?

For fellow cheapskate hackers out there, which method did you go with or which method do you suggest that I pursue?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"cheapest" hack is to flash the DVD drive to read burned discs. discs will cost you though as you need verbatim discs, memorex might work OK but not in my experience.

most economical hack is XKEY drive emulator - but you need the Xkey + HDD to store games. down side - this is only disc based game hack. no homebrew. best part, online play "safely".

best hack is RGH. that cost me around like $60 (maybe more since I opted to not buy the QSB and failed miserably because of it), so maybe around $90-100 for the parts. You'd need a bigger drive potentially unless you have a 120 or 250 on there already. you can hold a few things.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Flashing the DVD drive is the way to go.

Keep in mind that you need to patch your backups with ABGX and that you need to burn the 8.5 GB ones with a hacked iHAS burner or a burner that's compatible with the Burner Max payload tool (which is built in in the latest IMGburn)
I HIGHLY suggest you'd be using Verbatim DL DVD+Rs
That will prevent coasters and bad burns.

Xkey is the best investment.
Most expensive one but the best one.

RGH, well if you don't mind losing XBLive then go that way.

maczilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
same boat, soe rgh and xkey lets you load on the hardrive externally right? thats what I need, im not fucking with discs. and I assume region-free as well right? im trying to play japanese games.

Last edited by maczilla,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RGH is region free.
Altho 95% of the 360 games are region free.

Also, RGH can load everything from the internal drive (far better then an external)

maczilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
some guy is trying to sell me his dvd-flashed old phat 60gb component out xbox for $60, thinking about it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Component is inferior to HDMI.

Not to mention that non HDMI versions of the 360's are extremely prone to dying.
If you think about trying "tricks" and other dirty fixes, you're only prolonging the problem from occuring.
Reflowing doesn't fix RROD, it only prolongs the problem.

Please don't be a fool and get a 2005-early 2008 model 360.
Get a PROPER 360, one made in 2009 or something.
You'll be able to enjoy it far better as it won't die on you that quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gong