Experience Android on your Switch, with the first publicly released version of LineageOS 15.1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 27, 2019.

1. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Ok been messing around with this since this morning and everything is working pretty smoothly. Awesome work.

Set battery to quick or performance and it wont be so sluggish.
    Moonlight streaming works great. Tried it with official steam games and non official and they all worked(DMCV,RE2,NIER AUTOMATA,. The buttons are swapped on the joycons though which is annoying but im sure that will be fixed in due time.
    Downloaded Bubbleupnp and Mxplayer and it played everything i threw at it. So awesome to finally have a media player on the switch now.
    For some strange reason netflix would not show up in google play. So i just downloaded the apk from online. Seems to work fine although obvious 420 p limitation. I can continue my shameless bingewatch in bed now!
    Drastic DS emulator ran full speed
    Reicast emulator ran full speed with the few games i tested(SA2/Crazy Taxi 2)
    Only way to add/transfer files seems to be through wifi atm.

Last edited by phillyrider807, Jul 28, 2019
    Zumoly likes this.
  2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    The netflix thing is probably cause this android port does not pass safetynet. Haven't checked with Magisk but it could bypass it

phillyrider807 likes this.
  3. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Any way to get MTP running on it??????

4. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Ahh that makes sense over at xda alot of people were saying u should use Magisk and i haven't installed it yet.

5. kongsnutz

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
    So, if you get Google services stopps all the time it's because you booted into android (not twrp)before installing open gapps.
    Reflashed and it's all good now

SmashinGit likes this.
  6. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Can't get it to boot with my SD card. Flashes fine (I think) but it just black screens on boot.

7. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Hold Vol+, then go to Launch, More Options, then Select the Android Configuration. Might take about a Minute or 2 to Load up.

8. OkazakiTheOtaku

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Tried this and left it for a couple minutes and unfortunately it is still just black screening. No sign of life whatsoever.

9. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    It was cool if they could unlock Borderlands 2 from the Nvidia shield and all its other games later which still havent gone to the switch console.

It's also cool having android for like Xcom which is just stupid how it has never arrived on the Switch yet too, I have played a bit of achtung cthulhu tactics and its pretty booring, most levels look the same over and over grrrrrr...

Waiting for ever for Phantom Doctrine which I could have already played in the PC but I'm leaving it for the switch.

10. Power5lave

Power5lave Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    So ive been doing some initial testing and thought some of you guys would be interested.

-Plex is great!!! and even at 720p videos look nice and crisp. its also direct playing files from my server(without transcoding) I also have the live TV+DVR functionality on my Plex server and that works too, which im surprised at as it cripples lesser devices(fire stick for exampe)

gamestream works really well for me, however i am using a netgear nighthawk XR500, so your milage may vary. the button layout is currently wrong, so buttons are flipped(A/B,X/Y) but that should be easy to fix(on either the pc or the switch side)

Bluetooth speaker connected fine and works as expected, so did my pro controller, i suspect it will support any Bluetooth device to be honest but will do more testing tomorrow as its 1am UK

i was getting alot of google service crashes, but they have calmed down in the past half hour, as the device has sync'd my google settings from the cloud and updated my apps, so anyone else experiencing them i would suggest just give it chance to catch up with itself.

yes there is bugs, but so far its very promising.

11. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    There is no way to Connect via USB. Just comes up as a 'PI USB to Serial'

12. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Anfroid is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    Mine did that too, just kept trying and it finally worked after a few hecate boots.

13. OkazakiTheOtaku

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    When it did work, how long was it on the black screen before you saw life?
    I left mine "loading" for 3 hours and it didn't ever work.

14. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Same.
    I'm pretty impressed with this so far.
    The only downside is the mtp not working.

15. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Might be time to find out if my Switch is hackable. I don't have a great deal of Switch games so hopefully I can fit them all on the internal storage and dedicate an SD card to Android.

16. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I have subscribed this guy channel some timer ago, but what he said on this video is damn stupid since he provided lot of tutoriale for psp etc. Now he is happy to have android to play with Instagram and Snapchat not for games since it is gamę console and he not Play games.

17. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    I just found out joy cons work in bluetooth mode only.

18. LonelyPhantom

LonelyPhantom Golden Wind

Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    Beyond The Sun
    Could someone please confirm whether or not it is possible to map touch controls to the joy con buttons? If it is possible, is there a turbo/rapid fire mode?

19. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Anfroid is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    I just kept booting into hecate and then into android till it worked. I have autoRCM and plugged the switch to my phone to keep it going into hecate constantly until it worked. I didn't have any long periods of black screen.

20. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Didn't come across such app or setting yet.
    Joy cons get connected to the Switch like it does to any other android device except there is no lag.

LonelyPhantom likes this.