Experience Android on your Switch, with the first publicly released version of LineageOS 15.1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 27, 2019.

1. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Here is the link for anyone who wants it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ni...ion--development/ps4-remote-play-joy-t3953197

Azel likes this.
  2. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Edit: Double post.

Last edited by gamemasteru03, Jul 31, 2019
  3. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    If anyone wants to play emulated games through steam link you can download playnite and have it set up to start up in controller mode then add it as a non steam game. When you use steam link you load playnite and from there you can launch an emulated game directly with your controller as long as the controllers are already setup and as long as your emulator games are imported. You can technically also do this with Kodi and use it as a media player and play retro games through it also
    edit: by emulated games I mean games your pc would be emulating not the switch

Last edited by MythicalData, Aug 1, 2019
  4. Pierit

Pierit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Just set this up and my joycons don't work at all. None of the inputs are recognized in the Android OS nor in Nvidia Games or Steam.

I did pre-emptively flash the joycon fix (before ever booting into Android the first time) so maybe that broke something? Can I unflash that somehow?

Edit: Nope that's not it. I started over and didn't flash the joycon zip this time and it still happens.

Edit2: I guess I didn't realize you had to pair them via Bluetooth. Working now. :)

Last edited by Pierit, Aug 1, 2019
  5. gohan123

gohan123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2012
    Germany
    my power button doesn't work at all, can't even wake the device or power off. I have a work around with power menu app and I set vol button to wake. touch very often doesn't respond or respond too often so I open accidentally apps or misstype textes. wifi sometimes drops from 5mbps to almost 0, only turning wifi on / off helps, I think I have same issue in horizon but I'm mostly in plane mode. streaming with steam / amd link is horrible, might be only my device or my crappy 2.4ghz router. on boot and sometimes apps crashes like the nvidia app. my most wanted game oddmar doesn't recognise the joycons, but most apps do.

6. TerpToke

TerpToke GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    Speaking of workarounds, my Switch screen goes out after 1 minute of use (need to repair it) and I've found it almost impossible to mess around 100% using docked mode. Keyboard just won't work in docked.

7. Yoni Arousement

Yoni Arousement GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2009
    United States
    Sega Heroes runs buttery smooth on LineageOS.

8. AvesAvi

AvesAvi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2019
    United States
    Does anybody have experience getting the Joycons working properly in Retroarch? The menu works fine but when I launch any rom (for example n64) none of the buttons are correctly bound and some don't do anything. If I manually set bindings then I lose all joycon functionality in the menu and the Joycons still don't work right in game, treating the left analog stick like a dpad, X as if it's B, yet Start, A, R, and R2 are bound correctly.

I might be doing something stupid but I think it has to do with both of the Joycons being recognized as two separate controllers. I tried asking on the XDA forum but it seems kinda dead because I've gotten no response.

9. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    All of the controls for both joycons are handled by the left joycon android device, make sure you assign all bindings to that. I would also mess with the controls inside the quick menu, i.e. core-specific, rather than trying to remap the general ones in the input settings.

Retroarch android is also set up for x-input standard, which flips the position of A-B and X-Y versus Nintendo. Some of the flashable joycon fix zips will reverse the controls to match the positions on x-input, so pressing B will act like A, etc, if you want.

Analog-to-digital is also probably on by default, which turns all left analog into d-pad commands. I think that's in the main input settings to turn that off, and you need that off to pass the analog stick into the emulators. Keep in mind that currently android only reads the joycons as 8-directional, so you still aren't going to get full analog range without a pro or x-input controller.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Oct 6, 2019
  10. LonelyPhantom

LonelyPhantom Golden Wind

Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    Beyond The Sun
    Is there any way to map touch controls to the joycon? I would love to play Mobile OSRS but the touch controls make the game feel like even more of a grind; Ideally, this would be done via the Octopus App (adds a functional mouse cursor which can be controlled with an external physical controller). From there we would need to be able to move the cursor via analog stick and map one button for left click and another for right click.

11. davd

davd Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    Venezuela
    Is there any way to play PUBG with this? I get an "abnormalities detected with emulator" message and it kicks me out.

TerpToke likes this.
  12. TerpToke

TerpToke GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    I havent switched over to android in a while but when all of this first came out I was 100% able to play PUBG, even using some "panda" app that allowed me to map and use a bluetooth controller.