Expansion to m3 real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by sylux92, Oct 29, 2007.

Oct 29, 2007

Expansion to m3 real by sylux92 at 9:58 PM (1,741 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. sylux92
    OP

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How does the GBA expansion for the m3 real work? Is it flashed in a way similar to the EZ 3in1? Does it use NAND or just flash?

2. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeh, and does it come with the M3 Real..?

3. gcstr

Newcomer gcstr Advanced Member

Australia
    So if I only am ever after DS games , all I need is the rumble pack?

4. gcstr

Australia
    What would be a better choice please? I am just waiting around because both the m3real and cyclods can't be bought yet.
    Really, all that would be done is Ds roms - with the ability to have another Ds connect for download play.

5. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've heard that there is a M3 Real and GBA expansion pack, without the rumble. Is that true?

6. gcstr

Australia
    Why the Cyclo? Why is it better for nds roms?

At the moment I can't get either the m3real or cyclo - I am guess they will both be available around the same time - a ouple of weeks (hopefully) [​IMG] All I am after is a nice interface to choose from a selection of roms - these two carts look the part but I have know idea really.

7. Pharrox

Newcomer Pharrox Member

United States
    Ok, I have a few questions.

Will the CycloDS and M3DS Real have Wii connectivity, such as for PBR or any other games that may use it?

If I already have the 3in1 is there any benefit to getting the M3 with the GBA expansion bundle? I understand that it works a little differently, but does it do anything better/make anything easier?

And finally, you mentioned that the CycloDS has functions like changing brightness in game and a clock that can be used anytime. Could these be added to the M3 by firmware updates?

Thanks.

8. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    The CycloDS supports Pokemon BR (but it had to be fixed - initially it did not work). The M3R does not work in the same way (in regards to games being 1:1 copies) as the G6R, so most likely the Wii connectivity will be broken until the developers decide to fix it). It currently works on the G6R if you're wondering, but this is because the G6 is capable of emulating games to a high percentage of duplicity (no ARM7, Wii connectivity, etc)

I think the way CycloDS runs the in game menu is partially based on the hardware in the card, so I would say it is unlikely that M3 will ever try to support it (note that you can still use brightness changing in game using Action Replay codes)

9. Pharrox

Newcomer Pharrox Member

United States
    Hmm...thanks.

Well now I can't decide. I like the M3R's GUI and GBA compatibility a lot. The in game color change and clock aren't that big a deal to me, but I want to be able to have Wii connectivity. Is the M3 expected to be able to have Wii compatibility in the future, or is it something that it will just basically never be able to do?

Or should I just keep my Simply and save the money. [​IMG]

10. ooh44

Newcomer ooh44 Advanced Member

Thailand
    I wanna know about wii connectivity for M3R. as G6 Real can do that without any problem (test it myself).

11. roadbusta

Member roadbusta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Does the GBA function of M3R work only with the M3R GBA expansion pack? I have a supercard lite in slot-2. Does that mean I will be able to flash GBA games through the M3R on to the supercard lite?

12. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    As it use same FW as G6Real, if G6 can, why not M3?

btw, are you the admin from soi13?

13. CZroe

Member CZroe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My rumble pack didn't even work. Totally defective (the motor grinds when you spin it with your fingers).