Hardware Expand wbfs partition

gotchapt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 100gb wbfs partition, a 5gb fat partition and a 800gb+ ntfs partition.

How do I expand the wbfs partition without losing the data?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's that big of a problem you could always just load games from the NTFS partition after your WBFS partition fills up... you'd just have to switch back and forth to play them.

gotchapt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But in the NTFS partition, the games are always full-sized iso's right? It takes a lot more space.

I'll just format it, and make a really big WBFS partition this time.

Thanks for your help
smile.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gotchapt said:
But in the NTFS partition, the games are always full-sized iso's right? It takes a lot more space.

I'll just format it, and make a really big WBFS partition this time.

Thanks for your help
smile.gif
NO. In the NTFS partition, games are saved as .wbfs, which are the same size as games on a WBFS partition

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
You don't have to have the games as full size *.iso on you NTFS partition. Use Wii backup manager to convert the *.iso to *.wbfs (or whatever the files type is) and that will be a small, scrubbed size.

Here's what I do. You can transfer the games from the wbfs partition to the NTFS partition using WBFS manager. Then, using wii backup manager, convert those isos to wbfs; you may need to do this in batches and delete the isos as they're converted to liberate more space on the NTFS. Then, format the WBFS partition, resize, format back to WBFS and transfer the games over using either of the backup managers. (I'm not sure if you can transfer *.wbfs files straight into a wbfs partition, but if not, you can convert them back to *.iso using wii backup manager, then send the iso to the wbfs partition with WBFS manager.

I hope that makes sense.

That's what I'll have to be doing sometime soon, only ~20GB left from a 250GB partition

Hope it goes well

M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: about to learn a horse with no name on guitar