Suggestion Expand reviews to include TV and movies

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by RevPokemon, Apr 13, 2015.

1. RevPokemon
    OP

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Just thought about this and was wondering about it. The review section certainly is useful and interesting to read but I personally have curiosity as to why there is no way to review tv shows or movies. There a certainly shows that appeal to GBA temps demographic and there are users who can review shows. So I am suggesting allowing TV and movie reviews, however what I really want is to know what my fellow tempers and mods think

Margen67 likes this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Game related films and reviews thereof has been discussed. If someone writes one and it is good then we are quite happy to stick it up on the portal. Costello and tj_cool might be inclined to add one to the review section but in the meantime if you want to stick stuff in the books, TV, films... forum section then go for it and I agree there is an audience.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Another user has already made this suggestion, and I'll just repeat what we told them when they made it. GBATemp is a gaming oriented site, we don't focus as much on TV and media as we do on video games and, as far as popular content goes, neither does our current audience. Even movies and TV shows about games get a passive mention here and don't hold much attention compared to straight gaming/homebrew content.

If you'd like to talk about or review TV shows and movies, then feel free to do so in the appropriate section. Otherwise, I don't think they'll gain much attention as full on review posts to warrant any additional categories or review sections myself.

Ryukouki likes this.
  4. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Simple Answer: No

5. RevPokemon
    OP

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    FAST6191 and Tom Bombadildo

Thanks for replying and answering!
    I can see what you mean about the amount of reviews and coverage and how it varies and understand that. Eitherway its great to have a forum where the staff actually answers the questions and suggestions rather than blow them off.

Keep up the good work!

6. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    You know where casual reviews of TV shows could do great? In blogs, were blogs not hidden away in an entirely different section of the site that is rarely visited by the vast majority of the userbase.

FREE THE BLOGS

#BLOG20122015

Though I guess the TV section works too.