Excuse the ignorance, but

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Gamemaster1379, Aug 2, 2010.

Aug 2, 2010
  1. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've decided to go ahead and take a look at some GBA slot-2 flash carts, but I'm not entirely sure what to get. I've read that most require a Pass-me or some sort of utility to work, but I have an Acekard 2.1 for a Nintendo DS Lite--and I"m unsure whether I actually NEED to modify anything since my Acekard boots without anything, and that it could probably boot into a slot-2 as well. I read the wiki and various sources, but they weren't really clear on the matter. So what's the best choice for me? My intent is to do GBA ROMs for the most part. Some of my old games aren't working anymore, and I may pick up a few ones like Orange Beta 2 for kicks.

2. liquidnumb

Member liquidnumb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your Acekard will work as a passme. The EZflash 3in1 is a popular choice. I use an old G6.

3. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Thanks much for the clarification.

4. Speculant

Member Speculant GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recommend a 3-in-1 card for NDS, if you want to play it on a GBA also then get something like this instead.

5. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    2nd recommendation for the 3in1. There is a program that you can rip your gba games and gba saves straight to your acekard.