Hardware Exclusive PS4 Edition Consoles from Japan to U.S.?

ponygals

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nataliezworld.com
XP
Country
United States
I am a fan of a lot of anime including Sword Art Online, who has had a series of games on the PS4/PSVita consoles. Recently they announced that Japan will be getting a new Sword Art Online game and a console to tie into it, it being one of those special edition consoles with the designs, colors etc. Here's a photo -

sao_console.png

My main question is since these are being released in Japan next year in Spring 2016, will the U.S. be getting these as well or is there no telling? How much do you think one of these package deals will likely cost? Is it worth the money? I DO NOT own a PS4 but am considering it for this reason!

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a fan of a lot of anime including Sword Art Online, who has had a series of games on the PS4/PSVita consoles. Recently they announced that Japan will be getting a new Sword Art Online game and a console to tie into it, it being one of those special edition consoles with the designs, colors etc. Here's a photo -

sao_console.png

My main question is since these are being released in Japan next year in Spring 2016, will the U.S. be getting these as well or is there no telling? How much do you think one of these package deals will likely cost? Is it worth the money? I DO NOT own a PS4 but am considering it for this reason!

Just import it, the U.S. will never get consoles like this.

PS4 is region-free for games and Region A for Blu-ray, so it will play back almost all Blu-rays for sale in the U.S. except for some newer Sentai Blu-rays as they are using country codes to lock down the disc to only region A players with USA/Canada country code. AnyDVD HD can remove the country codes so you could just rip those with AnyDVD HD to ISO with the country code removal on then burn them to a BD-R (50GB DL). [Requires a Blu-ray burner]

Last edited by driverdis,
D

Deleted-355425

Just wait until they have the changeable covers, it's only 1 piece that's cosmeticaly different

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs