Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Exclusive Acekard R.P.G. Media Blowout! *UPDATE*

First hardware pics and menu shots

We've just received a shed load of new exclusive images of both the Acekard R.P.G. hardware and new loader menu system. From what we can see in the shots; the Acekard R.P.G. loader is looking mighty fine, with the time and a calendar on the top screen and a busy bottom screen with some options and file/folder information. Also, check out the photoshoot of the card propped up against an iPhone, the new black/red DS and a packet of.... menthol orange cigarettes?! You saw them first on GBAtemp.net!

*Update* We've just received a new set of photos. This time you can get a glimpse of the packaging the Acekard R.P.G. comes along in! Hit the new link below to see the photos!

Also we can confirm that the price of the Acekard R.P.G. 1GB NAND model will be set at a manufacturers recommended retail price of $65~$69 USD.
We should hopefully be getting our hands on the Acekard R.P.G. by Wednesday at the latest, so stay tuned to GBAtemp for hands-on impressions!

icon11.gif
Acekard R.P.G. hardware and loader photos...
icon11.gif
New photos!

mugenk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it looks like great hardware. but i don't know if it's really usefull to have both micro sd ans nand memory. and it will more expensive than others 1-slot solution.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, that card looks to be manufactured with so much care, and it looks nice, but I can't imagine this being cheap. If it's priced below g6 real then ok, but if it's above, then I'm not sure if I'm willing to dish it out.

Edit: ah, the newspost has been edited with the price added. Hmm, $65... at that price point I'd say it beats g6 real, but r4..?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Holy shit.

Looks like no chips sticking out. The top has a clip (like those in G6DSR).

Which lucky person has the Iphone in that picture
tongue.gif

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fuck, that build quality looks GODLY. Top notch. SOme bits of the GUI bother me though, like how they don't have the DS Game icon when you're over the game, ala Cyclo/R4. Hopefully this will have a lot of kickass features. Looks REALLY damn good but I don't know if I'd buy it unless I saw a complete feature list and it had better ones than the CycloDS.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't exactly say that the build quality is great
tongue.gif
The USB connector looks very easy to damage. Some interesting things.. when you can select Slot 2, I'm supposing that's just booting to slot 2, and not accessing the files on it, which would be cool.

It uses a save type system.. how well do automatic save detection work in other cards that give you the option (I believe X9 and SCDS1 do)?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It uses a save type system.. how well do automatic save detection work in other cards that give you the option (I believe X9 and SCDS1 do)?
The team have stated that the card uses an advanced auto detection method.. I guess it's just an added option for troublesome games?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1