Exclusive Acekard R.P.G. Media Blowout! *UPDATE*

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading 'Temp's review of the old Acekard right now, they better have changed a LOT, lol. I think I might still go with the Cyclo. I don't have time to wait for them to release firmwares and such to improve their card.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy shit.

Looks like no chips sticking out. The top has a clip (like those in G6DSR).

Which lucky person has the Iphone in that picture
tongue.gif

I'd rather have an iPTouch, but thats just me.

Im considering a future purchase, but my R4 is ok for now.

Hmm the touch has more space, but I don't see what else it has. Now that iPhone is being hacked, you can have any carrier, and an all in one device!

EDIT: Menu looks very impressive. Looks like all those black and green "styles" are saved on the card itself. I wonder what will happen to skins.

Not every carrier, only carriers that have GSM (only 2 USA carries have GSM, AT&T and T-Mobile), not CDMA (Verizon, Alltel, Sprint/Nextel, US Cellular)

ON TOPIC:

These are thing I would like in this product (other than what has been announced)

1. Access both NAND and MicroSD when RPG is pluged into PC via USB
2. Auto DLDI Patching
3. Soft Reset
4. Cheat Engine
5. In-Game Menus
6. Access Files from the slot2 cart (without actually booting the slot2 cart)

MOAR!
laugh.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ hollaback You won't have to. That's why its open-source
tongue.gif

And also, the old AceKard apparently has very good game compatibility and the team hasn't really needed to rush out new loaders to cope with new games.

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow.. build quality looks and the interface looks really nice.. seems like the put a lot of effort into it.. plus.. its not really that expensive..

will be waiting for a review =D

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did the other one, this is like the mockups. Its great, I'm getting one.
But the pics earlier were the same cart, they just didn't show the back...
unsure.gif

Well, the cart looks awesome but I guess I already knew that with the mock ups and earlier pics. The OS even looks better.(customizable and now I can make it look more like the DS OS). Of course, looks don't matter if it doesn't perform well. If it performs well and has the more important features that other cards have, this will be my first slot 1 card to get.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ hollaback You won't have to. That's why its open-source
tongue.gif

And also, the old AceKard apparently has very good game compatibility and the team hasn't really needed to rush out new loaders to cope with new games.

Yeah, but the problem with open source is that you can't count on a single dev making a good firmware, and if the company just made it open source so they could be lazy and not support it themselves, count me out.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they'll reply to you for the first few times, just to build up hope and trust. They'd be stupid not to, especially if they're going to hype you up then abandon you.

scruffman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
All I can say is WOW
wub.gif
. After I just got my CycloDS Evolution is week. Hmmm I will wait for the review to see if is worth get another card.
tongue.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY a loader has built in copy/paste/delete! Now I won't need DSO. If they come out with a 2GB model for that price and the 1GB lowers I will totally get it! But ATM i dun have $70 to spend.

EDIT: Totally PWNs R4DS. (and i have one)

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you could be right Pharoah, because now that I think of it TeamCyclops completely abandoned their previous flashcarts, but it seems they've changed that with their new one. Here's to hoping.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting stuff.

The gui is unique and looks reasonably good.
The calendar idea seems alright, not that fantastic

I like the build design with no chips sticking out
biggrin.gif

But yes the sticker is strange, on the opposite side to usual game carts.

metalcaipira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This new one can be better then old acekard, but one thing that worries me is the microSDHC SLOT. Will it be the same as R4, with that horrible spring ? Or equal to Cyclo that doesn´t use spring ? I'll wait for GBATemp review, and if it gets better grade than R4, with perfect games compatibility, no spring, I'll get one. Actually I'm using Cyclo Evo, cause it's so better than R4. I expect this new acekard reach the same level of Cyclo Evo...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."