Excited for Madden 09?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by DjFIL, Aug 10, 2008.

Aug 10, 2008

Excited for Madden 09? by DjFIL at 10:06 AM (978 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. DjFIL
    OP

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I am really looking forward to Madden 09 All-Play on Wii. I won't use the All-Play controls, but it sounds like a good way to get a better audience, maybe my GF will play with me (she enjoyed coming to a canadian football game with me). IGN gave this a great review at 8.6/10, and Nintendo Power gave 90 according to metacritic... some good initial reviews. The gameplay looks solid, and the 5 on 5 could be good fun. Graphics look good for Wii, and online should be great fun.

2. Azadar

Member Azadar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes I had this pre-ordered for the 360 forgot about the Wii honesty but ill now grab this for the Wii and get something else for the PS3 or 360...

I like the controls better on the Wii over the Sticks for some reason..

3. DjFIL
    OP

Canada
    When I first tried Madden 07 on Wii, I was impressed. I find when I'm playing on a regular console I never use the Juke, Spin, Stiff Arms, etc moves when running... but on the Wii version I get just right into stiff arming and juking my way down the field to a touchdown... it's great. I skipped 08, didn't have a Wii at the time (was after my first one got stolen), but 09 is looking great. Hope it's dumped tonight or atleast early tomorrow.

4. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    07 = great fun and controls
    08 = poor controls and no fun

im really hoping 09 will fix the problems from the first 2 and have accurate/sensitive controls

come on the throwing/juke/stiff motions are awesome!!

5. DjFIL
    OP

Canada
    Madden 09 controls are pretty good, I'm quite happy. I still have a bit of issues with accuracy with kicking motions. And it has issues with detecting my "catch" motion (which i guess is trying to pick off passes, but I was able to get an interception in a 5v5 match. I think in 07, Stiff Arm was the default motion on Wiimote movments, A was the spin move, and nunchuck movments were jukes. But now in 09, jukes are still on nunchuck movements, but spins are now wiimote movements, and stiff arms are now Z held while moving the wiimote. I prefered it where Spin was a button and Stiff Arm was a simple buttonless motion... I prefer to use Stiff Arms rather then Spins, as spins have more of a chance to cause a fumble. Lots of great little features for calling actions when on the line of scrimmage before the snap, including the Call your Shots. This is a really good job EA did this year. [​IMG]