Hacking Excited about the new breakthrough on banners by PaRaDoX?

Are you very excited about this new Channel Banner breakthrough?

• Helll yeaaaaaaaaaah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ill get around to it

• Dont care, im not getting banned

• Total voters

porchemasi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hate2.gif
After PaRaDoXs amazing releases yesterday, and the ones to come today ... its a shame we dont know how to do this ourselves! ... besides you need to "hex edit" a base WAD

*I hope someone is working on a full GUI tool to create our own Wii Channels for our fav homebrew/apps AND FOR FUTURE DEVELOPERS!*

I hope he has a change of heart and decides to release a full-detailed-completeeee guide on how to make our own Banners ...

**He did state there is significant risk when creating, due to possibility of brickign ...but im sure a good guide would avoid that.... **

Anyone else agree/know/ideas/comments?
grog.gif

*sorry just realized the title is alittle ... ok very misleading :S*

porchemasi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
awell
frown.gif
fair enough
frown.gif

i guess theres no rush, and i know there willa lways be n00bz who will attempt a guide and brick their wii's in teh near future

btw u get enough sleep?
tongue.gif

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whizz said:
Sorry to go a bit offtopic, I missed the releases. What was released yesterday and what will be released today?
tongue.gif

You missed the NES channel with full banner And the homebrew lancher channel with full banner.
Paradox did a great job modifying those.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
PaRaDoX test them first on DVD (special one he made his one)
So if the banner is not good the wii won't brick
smile.gif

And you need more HEX editing than you think ... I mean 60 = a that is easy since every GUI Hex edit program have that and stuff but more is needed than that
smile.gif

(I think just hex edit a Image and copy the hex and replace it with the banner hex of channel
tongue.gif
lol) (may ...?)

For now unsafe still... (unless Paradox give us his disc
tongue.gif
) (YOU NOT HAVE TO...>,

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
porchemasi said:
hate2.gif
After PaRaDoXs amazing releases yesterday, and the ones to come today ... its a shame we dont know how to do this ourselves! ... besides you need to "hex edit" a base WAD

*I hope someone is working on a full GUI tool to create our own Wii Channels for our fav homebrew/apps AND FOR FUTURE DEVELOPERS!*

I hope he has a change of heart and decides to release a full-detailed-completeeee guide on how to make our own Banners ...

**He did state there is significant risk when creating, due to possibility of brickign ...but im sure a good guide would avoid that.... **

Anyone else agree/know/ideas/comments?
grog.gif

*sorry just realized the title is alittle ... ok very misleading :S*
I wish everyone would do the work for me instead of learning the skill myself.

Posting quality has been on the decline these days.

porchemasi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im sure injecting banner into a dvd is quite simple via trucha, much like injecting a app into a dvd ...

w/e i can wait, i guarantee by next week most of us will have a Sega, NES, SNES, WAD Installer, MAME, GBC, ect CHANNEL with banner! and a 4-8GB SD card in our wii
tongue.gif
lool
tongue.gif

btw NES channel + super mario3 + wiimote = memories from 15 years ago :PPP lol good times

**BTW Does anyone know if the sega or snes emu support the Classic Controller?

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they could design images and send them to JP?

Patience, you never know what will happen on the scene
Take the wad packer for example...

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get why people are gaga over custom images and text. Last time I check it's anticipated that all these are going to be worthless once the new IOS rolls around, aren't they?

Moving on, I hardly see why we need emulator wads firing around left right and center with simply different images and text on the wii channel. Because that's exactly what's going to happen. Hell, Jay has released a few and people keep mistaking him for the author of the emulators and making complaints and feature requests. Not to mention that these wad files being released still contain copyrighted materials, do they not?

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good point. Jay always says that they are not his ELF.
People dont read and this is where problems occur.

There is no need to have a million different images for ONE channel - just stupid.
Like Nintendo releasing Mario Kart with 1000 differnt Disc Channel Images lol

Its nice to have custome channels, even if they will be stopped soon. But i think we will have them for a while.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
True, the banners I use now are have copyright, but I haven't got any problems with that
smile.gif

When I've got all the banners made, I'm going to start playing seriously with all the functions banners have ^^ and might consider a tutorial.

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jayparadox said:
True, the banners I use now are have copyright, but I haven't got any problems with that
smile.gif

When I've got all the banners made, I'm going to start playing seriously with all the functions banners have ^^ and might consider a tutorial.

Kool
grog.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:

I'm under the impression that you enjoy people lauding over your releases.

The reason you're on GBATemp and not Tehskeen with these releases is because the people here will offer praise, while the people there will just be annoyed at the fact that you've gone days and several releases without releasing even the slightest primer on the subject.

"I might..."

Who do you think you are?

If you supposedly don't know how to explain(if it's because of your verbal skills, make screencaps for god sakes) how to do what you've apparently been succeeding at doing, then you're not an innovator at all. You're simply taking what more knowledgeable(and not to mention more generous) people have given you and holding it over the heads of others.

Way to set back the entire homebrew community.... while everyone's taking a step forward, you bring them two steps back.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
teq said:
If you supposedly don't know how to explain(if it's because of your verbal skills, make screencaps for god sakes) how to do what you've apparently been succeeding at doing, then you're not an innovator at all. You're simply taking what more knowledgeable(and not to mention more generous) people have given you and holding it over the heads of others.

Way to set back the entire homebrew community.... while everyone's taking a step forward, you bring them two steps back.

exactly what I'm thinking
JayParadox, you sound like a little kid who enjoy being in the light and being praised for releasing stuff

at least, if you don't want to share your method, you could EXPLICITELY credit people from whom you have been using knowledge/tools/help
and also, you don't mention at all where the channel application come from or who made it, and even don't include original documentation

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
teq said:
Who do you think you are?

who do you think YOU are? I don't see you working on banners and releasing information about them.
it's his decision wether to release his findings or not. if you insist for the info to be public, research it yourself.

burnett

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Paradox. You Make a nice Work with the Channel Banners. I like it. Is it possible to make a Banner for Scumm VM Channel with Wii Mote support and SMS Plus Channel?(Genesis)? Thanks for your Great work
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1