Excitebots disappointing

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by luminalace, Aug 7, 2010.

Aug 7, 2010

Excitebots disappointing by luminalace at 5:41 PM (1,553 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. luminalace
    OP

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I just got a hold of a copy of excitebots! I really liked Excite Truck! Why the hell did the sequel go for bots instead of trucks?

I will try and persevere with the game because it does seem pretty good but who here would have preferred ExciteTruck 2 instead?

2. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    I honestly never played excite truck. But I personally think that bots is a great game. [​IMG]

3. luminalace
    OP

Australia
    Like I said the game seems fine but I think they really dropped the ball with bots! ExciteTruck was a title that appealed to the mainstream while excitebots is a litlle bit too cutesy for me!

Stll I am glad you enjoyed the game and I will get past my hate of the aesthetics and continue to play it!

4. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Don't hate it just for its theme. They used the "bots" thing to get really creative with the gameplay mechanics this time around!

My only gripe is that they ripped out MP3 support... [​IMG]

5. luminalace
    OP

Australia
    Yeah I loved the MP3 support in ET. Personally I think this game never got released outside North America because they got creative as you say instead of releasing Excite Truck 2.

6. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Think it's a hugely under-reated game and I love the bots, so glad they went for that rather than a load of identikit trucks.

7. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    I don't get why you don't like it. Because of the models?

8. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I love ExciteBots! My favorite racing game for the Wii. Excite Truck was great, but ExciteBots just improved everything.

9. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    I just had to dust this off and play it today.

Playing online was a rude awakening after not playing for so long. [​IMG]

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Excitebots was a better game but they should just go back to a proper full retail Excite Bike. The N64 version still outshines a lot of bike games.

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I can't stand motion controlled steering and there's no option otherwise so I highly dislike this. I prefer Mario Kart with Wiimote + Nunchuck any day.

12. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    It would improve the games a whole lot if you had choice, took a while for me to get used to the motion stuff.

13. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I loved Excite Bots, because it was innovative and fun. [​IMG]

Don't hate it for no reason, and give it a spin. It still has the hyperactivity and speed of Excite Trucks, but it's even more crazy.

14. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    good grief it looks horrendous, why change them to bots? why not cars? the exclusion of no mp3 support is the nail in the coffin, that is what made excitetrucks great.

15. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I do not agree that the reason Excitetrucks was great was because it had MP3 support. I mean that was a cool feature, but for me the game mechanics and the speed of the racing was what made the game.

To say that because excitebots has no MP3 support, and because the models had been changed from bland (Nearly identical) trucks, to unique bots (that encourage a lot more activities during the race), is a reason not to bother with excitebots and dismiss it totally is quite frankly, ridiculous.

It is a great racer (possibly one of the best on the Wii), with lots of extra features during the races, other than just going round the tracks over and over. The feeling of speed it gives is perfect. I truly believe that Excitebots far outshines its predecessor to any gamer that appreciates gameplay over cosmetics.

My 2 cents.

16. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I think I may be one of the few people that agree with you. I spent so many hours trying to get every S ranking in trucks but bots....not so much. it felt tooooo ridiculous with the mini games between matches and having to manage the running and flying. i didnt mind the theme of it all all though i prefer some bitchin trucks its the weird gameplay. maybe because i was expecting a traditional arcade racer (if that make sense [​IMG]) not the craziest arcade racer ever! ive no doubt its a good game that deserves people love but i prefer my trucks with mp3 support anyday. not to mention nothing gets me in a racing mood more then some good music. bots did not have that!