Excite Bike Sequel Sort of...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    The words "Ubisoft announced new Wii title" kinda fills me with mixed feelings, either "yay a new exclusive Wii title" or "oh god another rushed out title to cash in on he Wii's success". Not this time as the game they've announced is by ExciteBike 64 developers, and the game is a motocross so basically a rip off but at least they've got the original developers.

Its called NitroBike, its gonna be fully online and is due out at the end of the year. There is a video of it and it looks similar in style to Excite Truck with motocross stylings, bloody fast and easy on the eye.

Video:http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/949/949711/vids_1.html

2. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    It looks exactly like Excite Truck! [​IMG]

3. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Jun 1, 2004
    Gambia, The
    ^^ Absolutely lagman! But it looks quite promising, let's all hope and wait. [​IMG]

4. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    looks fun

name is pretty lame tho [​IMG]

5. Wanque

Wanque GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2005
    Doesn't look too great to me - especially the severely ugly 'jet engine' effect.

Also, any game involving motorbike racing cries out for the ability to separate the rider and the bike (riders going flying during crashes, etc...). No sign of that in the footage (although there wasn't much to see).

6. gamermole

gamermole Banned

Banned
    May 12, 2007
    the video wont load for me but i like excitetruck so i mite give this a shot