Excite Bike Sequel Sort of...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Jul 13, 2007.

Jul 13, 2007

Excite Bike Sequel Sort of... by Hadrian at 10:40 AM (1,000 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The words "Ubisoft announced new Wii title" kinda fills me with mixed feelings, either "yay a new exclusive Wii title" or "oh god another rushed out title to cash in on he Wii's success". Not this time as the game they've announced is by ExciteBike 64 developers, and the game is a motocross so basically a rip off but at least they've got the original developers.

Its called NitroBike, its gonna be fully online and is due out at the end of the year. There is a video of it and it looks similar in style to Excite Truck with motocross stylings, bloody fast and easy on the eye.

Video:http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/949/949711/vids_1.html

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    It looks exactly like Excite Truck! [​IMG]

3. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    ^^ Absolutely lagman! But it looks quite promising, let's all hope and wait. [​IMG]

4. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    looks fun

name is pretty lame tho [​IMG]

5. Wanque

Member Wanque GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Doesn't look too great to me - especially the severely ugly 'jet engine' effect.

Also, any game involving motorbike racing cries out for the ability to separate the rider and the bike (riders going flying during crashes, etc...). No sign of that in the footage (although there wasn't much to see).

6. gamermole

Banned gamermole Banned

United Kingdom
    the video wont load for me but i like excitetruck so i mite give this a shot