Excercising tips

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Westside, Jul 14, 2008.

Jul 14, 2008

Excercising tips by Westside at 10:25 PM (1,035 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    It's been more than 1 year since I left the army, and it's been sleeping, eating, and going to school for me. It's summer for me now, and last week I found out how out of shape I was...
    -I can only do 15 pushups now... (I used to do 40 and minimum for Army was 30 proper pushups)
    -I can only run 1 mile at the speed of 8mile/hour now... (I used to do 5 mile at that speed and the minimum is 2.5)

[​IMG]

I also gained about 20 something pounds.

past week when I worked out, I had alot of pain in my body the next day, and I had lots of trouble doing the same exercise the next day.

Can anyone lend me some good excercising tips regarding running with more endurance and increasing pushups? Thanks.

I also need to burn some fat first, and today I saw some "fat burner" pills in my local pharmacy. I was wondering if these things are actually gonna help me exercise. Also, do they have negative side effects such as aids? I take drug test from time to time...

2. Endogene

Member Endogene GBAtemp Fan

France
    you can only do one, but one is enough
    penis push ups

edit: being fit is depends on your life style, jogging on a regular basis is help, other than that just try to be active

3. XeonZ

Member XeonZ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Having a lot of pain in your body is natural when you're just starting to work out again. I break up my exercises so I never do the same exercise the next day, you want to give your body plenty of rest, especially just starting out again.

As for gaining more endurance, you just have to get your heart in good condition and that takes repetition. For push-ups, I'd say a timed work out will probably get you some good endurance. Do a minutes worth of push-ups, take about a 30 second break, then do 30 seconds worth of push-ups, fasten the past a little bit, take a 30 second break and then do 15 seconds worth of push-ups.

For running, I'd say run for a brisk jog for about a half hour a week, adding about 5 minutes after every week. As far as I know I don't believe 'fat burners' have that kind of negative effects but you could probably ask an employee there. Personally I'd just advise you to run first thing when you wake up because you'll burn the most body fat doing that.

Hope that helped out. ^^

4. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
  5. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Thanks, I'd give that a try.

Also, Fishju, the link is broken...

6. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    Yah dont take the pills. they usually have BAD sideaffects. As for burning fat (but gaining muscles), I go swimming. Most swimming strokes help you get back in shape a lot, but try avoiding breast stroke (I know...name sounds wierd [​IMG] ) as theyre too easy to perform.

7. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
  8. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i do 200 sit ups a day, also eating a good diet (not junk food) will keep weight down.

edit: taking slimming pills will mess up your body big time.

9. The Worst

Banned The Worst Banned

United States
    high carbs, creatine, vitamins, lots of cardio and low impact lifting.

10. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada

11. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    200situps a day? Man, even if I had the endurance to do that I don't have nearly enough self restraint, I'd get bored so fast and do something else...

12. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I've found that it's more difficult to stay committed to it, at least in your case you've done it all before so it's just a matter of getting back into the groove. Do you know someone else who wants to lose some weight? A little competition could go a long way. Apart from that...changing up your exercising so it doesn't become routine (or a chore to be specific) might keep it interesting at least.

I realize I have no place in suggesting exercise tips here. *cough*