Exalted pen and paper rpg

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by BoneMonkey, Mar 15, 2008.

Mar 15, 2008
  1. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    saw some ppl playing exalted at a hobby game store at the mall today its like D&D but with anime characters and moves it was pretty awesome

anyone play it ?

im thinking somone who has experince can "get" the rule book online and we can play online ! using openrpg or something
  2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Exalted is fucking awesome [​IMG] It's a lot more detailed than D&D, which makes it a lot more interesting. I'm rubbish at it, but it's a brilliant story to get lost in with a brilliant system behind it, and loads of fun even if you're just watching. Playing online isn't quite the same though; I've never been any good at these games (learning the system is far too much reading for my liking), but you can't replace the daft inside jokes that come out when you trap 6 people in a room together for 4 hours a week. [​IMG]

But you'll need to find someone good to run it, because of that detail it takes a lot more to actually run a game than D&D. You don't just chuck characters in and pray; Exalted has a main plot which revolves around the recent return of the Solar Exalted and the power struggle between them and the Dragon-blooded (not to mention the other Exhalts coming in for a play), you really need to know what's going on in the world well to have a hope in hell of running it.

If you find someone to run it I don't know whether to sign up or not. I'm crap at timekeeping and sticking to a schedule but I do miss it... I'll think about it.