Ex NFL QB Steve Mcnair suffers fatal gunshot

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by InuYasha, Jul 4, 2009.

Jul 4, 2009
  1. InuYasha
    OP

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was fatally shot in Nashville, local television reports indicated Saturday afternoon.

WSMV-TV in Nashville reported that McNair is dead. Details of the circumstances surrounding McNair's death were not immediately known. There was no immediate comment from the Baltimore Ravens.

McNair was originally from the small town of Mount Olive, Miss. He played football for Alcorn State University in Mississippi before being drafted by the Oilers. He played 13 seasons in the NFL from 1995 to 2007, passing for more than 31,000 yards.

He guided the Ravens to a 13-3 record in 2006, his first season in Baltimore after 11 years in Tennessee, but he injured his groin during the season opener last season and never regained the form that enabled him to earn a berth in four Pro Bowls.

McNair began his career in 1995 with the Houston Oilers, who eventually became the Tennessee Titans. He led the team to four playoff appearances, including the Super Bowl after the 1999 season. He was named co-MVP of the league in 2003, sharing the award with Peyton Manning, after throwing for 3,215 yards and 24 touchdowns with only seven interceptions.

In 2007, McNair got off to a horrid start, then-coach Brian Billick held the quarterback out for two straight weeks before the team's bye on Oct. 28, hoping the rest would enable the veteran's ailing body to heal. But McNair was ineffective upon his return: He lost two fumbles and threw an interception in a 38-7 defeat at Pittsburgh, then threw for only 128 yards before being replaced in the fourth quarter of a 21-7 loss to Cincinnati.

What the hell? this reminds me of the Sean Taylor shooting a couple of years ago.... what the hell are wrong with people today?

2. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I blame the rap music young people listen to these days, it's turning people into criminals.

3. InuYasha
    OP

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    I wouldn't blame the music cause i've listened to that stuff for years(mostly the older stuff) and never did such a thing,if anything I would blame the laws,if you kill someone or attempt it on purpose and not by accident they should just fry your ass right then and there none of this jail bullshit.....

4. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    It was sarcasm...

5. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    "Human rights". Complain to the government if you don't like it.

Although some people really do deserve to have their rights stripped from them.