Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just as I said, a slap on the wrist.
One doesn't justify the other though - the officers may be poorly trained to handle stress, their higher-ups may be corrupt but a rampage is still a rampage and has to be dealt with somehow. The situation has to be contained because unlike your usual culprit, a mad man will not stop until the plan reaches its completion - if anything, his methods will gradually become more elaborate.

I sincerely hope that both the officers guilty of misconduct and the shooter in question will be prosecuted to the highest extent of the law, but the law is something we need to hold onto here.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I moved to L.A in 1995 to live with family i have there... Couldn't really help but f-in hate the LAPD.
If you haven't grown up in their stomping ground then you wouldn't have a clue...

Thou shalt not kill but its fucked up cause i kinda understand where this guy is comin from... There are always exceptions to the rule (he may have been one of those exceptions before he broke) but the LAPD as a whole are just scumbags with badges and uniforms.

I'm lucky because where I live police are just police (not terminators high on power and some kids stash they just stole, pissed off, armed and cluckin' off their steroid breakfast) and nothing like the stereotypical LAPD officer "dick".
I'm privileged.

This is already tragic and i hope there will be no more innocent lives lost, I hope the good people (and the good police officers) in L.A stay safe...while he cleans up the shit.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are always exceptions to the rule.
To this one? Self-defense. That is not justifiable self-defense, that's a rampage of a very broken man.
This is already tragic and i hope there will be no more innocent lives lost, I hope the good people (and real cops) in L.A stay safe.
Here's for hoping.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: People defending the shooter claiming the LAPD is corrupt and deserves this...

ITT: People defending the LAPD officers who are shooting up and ramming innocent civilians because it's a "difficult situation"...

Still looking for an "I don't know all the facts...I just hope this situation gets resolved quickly"...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the LAPD could possibly be corrupt, I certainly don't want this guy waving the banner against them.

He'd get a lot more support if he didn't fucking kill people. Like if was able to find evidence to say the LAPD is corrupt and publish it online he'd be hailed as a great hero. Hell, I'd support him for putting his foot down on corruption. But when you go around killing police officers and their families, you're just about as good as these "corrupt" LAPD officers.

Reactions: Foxi4

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He'd get a lot more support if he didn't fucking kill people
I don't think he's looking for support now tbh, or thinking like me or you (or any person in their right mind would).
Did he not try to fight fair previously to get justice but the system he served and believed in failed him...how long has he served/believed in the system, possibly since a kid? I think that maybe he must really have believed (too much), and has fallen from a great height (so to speak) and broken...
If he isn't religious (dunno) it may be a similar to a devout priest starts questioning his faith and ultimately loses it along with the person that they thought they always were? Their sanity could have crucial links with such a deep belief system and when one takes a heavy knock and breaks, the other goes with it.
A persons sense of being/identity is a very complex thing, he's unravelled, come apart at the seams, spilled out and just lost his mind now basically.
Nobody really knows though and its easy for me to sit here talking about this cause im distanced from it all but its bad and I do feel for those who are not involved who will be caught up in this, really I do.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he's looking for support now tbh, or thinking like me or you (or any person in their right mind would).
Did he not try to fight fair previously to get justice but the system he served and believed in failed him...how long has he served/believed in the system, possibly since a kid? I think that maybe he must really have believed (too much), and has fallen from a great height (so to speak) and broken...
If he isn't religious (dunno) it may be a similar to a devout priest starts questioning his faith and ultimately loses it along with the person that they thought they always were? Their sanity could have crucial links with such a deep belief system and when one takes a heavy knock and breaks, the other goes with it.
A persons sense of being/identity is a very complex thing, he's unravelled, come apart at the seams, spilled out and just lost his mind now basically.
Nobody really knows though and its easy for me to sit here talking about this cause im distanced from it all but its bad and I do feel for those who are not involved who will be caught up in this, really I do.
He isn't. In his manifesto he mentions how he didn't believe in a religious text based loosely on non-fiction. How he was bullied in school and stood up for himself and other's who had the same treatment (mostly himself though and how stupid it was for him to get punished with the reasons he was given). I can't say I agree with everything he says, and almost nothing he does, but I can understand where he's coming from and why he's doing this. Like you said, this man went through four years of shit. He fully believed in this corrupt system of justice and it let him down. There is no argument that the justice system in this country is flawed and imperfect. There's no argument that the LAPD is filled with the corrupt and many of them are unworthy of the mantle they wear. This is not the answer to this argument though and he's causing more death and suffering by making these unworthy people have another excuse to react with deadly force. I foresee another month or two go by before he either gets his demands and he commits suicide or he's cornered and commits suicide.

Reactions: 2ndApex

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
He'd get a lot more support if he didn't fucking kill people.

That's true but we may never know the full story unless this guy is caught alive. And even if he is, it depends how much he wants to talk. And even if he talks it will depend on the media on how much they want to publish.
I don't have a full opinion on this guy yet but like you said going after families .... that's just wrong.

Having said that, now i think that this is a good opportunity for LAPD to infuse their budget with more military equipment and defense contracts with Lockheed Martin so they can be better prepared next time.
We want to feel safe in America so we sacrifice our freedom and privacy by feeling better with ourselves when we see police departments with Tanks and spy drones overhead.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Sicklyboy

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this guy, when found, is getting caught alive, they'll assassinate his ass if he doesn't alt+ctrl+k in real like.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly if he had murdered the actual corrupt officers he'd probably have a lot more support.

I'm noticing probably no one read the manifesto. Granted I sure as hell didn't read the entire thing, it's basically a novel. But just reading chunks of it you can easily get an idea of why he did what he did. This wasn't some unprovoked murder spree, he was pushed pretty damn hard before he finally snapped. The manifesto makes it pretty clear, this guy was not stupid. He made a very stupid decision, and he went after the completely wrong people, but yeah. It's hard to all-out hate him considering the circumstances that pushed him to do this. You can't corner a mouse and just expect it to stand there and take your shit till it dies.

We can't even assume that those cops he mentions were corrupt. He is an unreliable narrator and we cannot trust what he says. He speaks of an event where two cops are using the N word in the same van with him and after he tells them to stop and they refuse he tries to strangle one of them. Even if this event did happen, he would still be the one even worse than the other two officers. This wasn't really about him trying to reveal secrets that the LAPD needed to cover up. It was about a man who has no sense or reality who lost his job because of his nut case.
Also he keeps saying that the father of the beaten man who was kicked told the court that his son told him the name of the officer who kicked him. While this may or may not be true, there is a lot of evidence that goes along with any court case and one little piece of hearsay doesn't necessarily supersede the other evidence.
Finally the most obvious way to tell he is nuts is that he contradicts himself multiple times. He goes on about his ethos that he had his whole life and explains how LAPD isn't just, then he goes and ambushes some random police officer. He explains how he is for the regulation of guns despite the fact that he is going around murdering people with guns. He really likes Obama and Chris Christie. He jumps from a serious paragraph to writing about how much he loves Charlie Sheen, Obama, and news journalist Pat Harvey. He talks about all the celebrities randomly. If anyone reads this whole manifesto, they should realize that this man is nuts and any problem with LAPD is minor compared to the problem with him.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He murdered an innocent police officer in cold blood and murdered the child and husband of the attorney who represented him. If that isn't black and white then I don't know what is. Bad people do good things sometimes. He may have been a decent man in the past but now he is a filthy murderer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey