EWIN2 Problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by T-Rex777, Nov 11, 2006.

1. T-Rex777
    OP

T-Rex777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2006
    Canada
    Hey hey,
    Just got me a shiny new EWIN 2 and matching Pass WE3, and having some major probs. Was able to load the interface up long enough to flash it to the latest firmware, and now whenever I load it up it insists that my SD card is write protected. It isn't. Have reformatted card several times with no effect. Any suggestions??

2. cabby3

cabby3 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    If I remember correctly, the EWIN2 doesn't support larger than 1GB card.

I've been using a 1GB with no probs, try using a 1GB card

3. crafton48

crafton48 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2006
    Have you tried using a different SD card. There have been complaints on their offical website about some SD cards not being compatible, I think that it's mini 'sandisk' cards that have problems. Also I had problems with older SD cards, games loading slow/running slow.

4. sonson

sonson Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    I have similar problems,
    I have a blue ds (phat),
    ewin 2,
    Max Media launcher,
    SanDisk mini sd 1gb.
    I am a total newbie, not sure what to do.
    When i turn the ds on I just get a white screen [​IMG]
    Do i need to put anything special on the sd card other than roms? I have tried putting the latest firmware on the sd card and keep getting the white screen. If the sd card isnt compatible would i still get the white screen or should i at least get a menu screen?
    Any help would really be appreciated.

5. noodlegirl

noodlegirl Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2006
    Hello, I just bought the NDS and Ewin2 not too long ago and am really a newbie.

My problem is that I downloaded the new EWIN2 firmware update 1.92.6 and put it on my Kingston micro SD card. I followed the instructions (L+Up+R) and updated the firmware. But after I restarted my NDS, I get the normal NDS white screen! I don't know how to get back to my EWIN2 screen, if this is still possible after what I did. Is it possible that I updated the wrong firmware data as I read somewhere on the internet?

Guys can you please help me? - Noodlegirl

6. grubbymitts

grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Mini Sandisk works fine for me.

Noodlegirl - sounds like your passme card is knackered.

7. noodlegirl

noodlegirl Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2006
    I just checked - I have a dummy card. What should I do now? I surfed on the internet and found that the dummy card is used with FLASHME, so I guess that I prob had FLASHME on my NDS Lite.

Do I have to buy a new dummy card or what can I do?

I bought the whole thing in Hong Kong and will not be going back soon...desperate... [​IMG]

8. Pikachu025

Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2006
    Australia
    Austria
    If you have flashme on your NDS, try holding A+B+X+Y at boot and see what happens.

9. noodlegirl

noodlegirl Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2006
    picachu, tried holding A+B+X+Y but I see two white screens when doing that...

10. Pikachu025

Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2006
    Australia
    Austria
    Hmm... Sounds like your EWIN is bricked or has a non-working firmware or something... What happens when you boot it in GBA-mode?

11. pwnapple

pwnapple Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2007
    Belgium
    Hey guys, I have the same prob as noodlegirl
    I updated firmware, I go in ewin2, then when I open the game
    I get the 2 white screens!
    What should I do?

12. GBA_Temper

GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

Nov 15, 2006
    United States
    Atlanta,Ga. United States
    srry for interupt but what is ewin DEVICE can u give me a link.

13. GBA_Temper

GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

Nov 15, 2006
    United States
    Atlanta,Ga. United States
    Never mind I have found a website that sells the Device but where is the Main Ewin website

14. cabby3

cabby3 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    For those of you that have games loaded already on a firmware

And update to another, you have to RELOAD all your games again with the latest loader that goes with the firmware.

When I first bought it, and upgraded firmwares..ALL I GOT WAS WHITE SCREENS.

You have to reload all of them (they have to be CLEAN files, you can't use the .nds files on your card already)

However when I upgraded firmware agian to the newer touchscreen ones I was ok

15. yumi~1

yumi~1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    i have a very similar problem, i use a ewin tool to transfer the games over to the miroc sd card.
    but when i load the games on my micro sd card, the game always turn out 2 white screen when
    them. because i got my DS Lite at hongkong i only got the EWIN2 with Micro-SD slot. I am still pretty
    new with DS Lite, 90% of the game doesnt work but only a few game will load i have tired different
    version of firmware but most of them turns out to be the same.
    Thanks

16. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    UK
    Is the 'Force Access' box ticked? A lot of newer games won't work without that button being ticked, so tick the box before patching.

[​IMG]

17. yumi~1

yumi~1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    thanks so much for that
    is all working fine now [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice