Ewin, gba loader, button mapping

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Kafziel, Aug 4, 2008.

Aug 4, 2008
  1. Kafziel
    OP

Newcomer Kafziel Newbie

France
    Hello everyone, there are better ways to introduce oneself but I'm kinda direct;
    I was wondering if it could be possible to use y and x instead of l and r with the ewin gba loader, i've got the 1.6 release.
    I use a ewin expansion pack (I guess it's the 2 in 1, without rumble thing) coupled xith the dsone linker.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The button mapping is hard coded into the GBA BIOS and cannot be changed.

3. Kafziel
    OP

Newcomer Kafziel Newbie

France
    I see, there's no way to emulate them with the L and R remained unchanged so?
    anyway, thanks for having replied

the megaman zero series are pretty hard to be played with L and R meant as being quick action button...

4. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    Aren't there control settings IN the game? Why don't you change those... I don't understand why anyone would use x and y over shoulder buttons which are more convenient.

5. Kafziel
    OP

Newcomer Kafziel Newbie

France
    x and y doesn't exist on a gba so the ingame configuration isn't possible, about the fact that shoulder buttons are more convenient, that's not true for every game, look, in the megeman zero series, you need two buttons for attacks (saber and gun), one for jumping, the last one for dashing. jump and dash have to be close because you need dashes before nearly every jump in the game, so I put them in a and b, next I have to put the gun on L and the saber on R, combining dashed jumps with shoulder buttons quick combos isn't convenient at all.... in the ZXseries it's far more playable using y and x....