eWin expansion pack VS EZ flash 3 in 1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ShAdOwFuRi, Dec 25, 2008.

Dec 25, 2008
  1. ShAdOwFuRi
    OP

Member ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    So I've recently started looking around for a slot 2 expansion cart and have stumbled upon two main ones. The eWin expansion pack and the very popular Ez flash 3 in 1.

Although the Ez flash has the advantage of rumble pack, this is not very much of a concern to me as I will most likely not be using this feature very much. Also I have heard the rumble on the Ez flash is excessively loud (someone correct me on this if I am wrong).

Unfortunately I am not yet capable of understanding the inner workings of a slot 2 cart. In particular I don't understand vocabulary such as PSRAM, NOR and SRAM.

But basically, I'm looking for an slot 2 expansion cart that will allow me to play a few GBA games, run a decent browser, as well as having a good interface. I heard the eWin software has advantage over the Ez flash because the ROMS do not need to be patched prior to using.

Any advice will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: I am using an Acekard 2.1 slot 1 cart, with AKAIO. I'm not sure whether this brings any compatibility issues...

2. Deathmore

Member Deathmore GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Does the EZ-Flash support real time clock? Also Can the M3 expansion work on other flash carts? I just need a few things cleared up:

Real Time Clock?
    Gamecube linking?

The main thing that im intrested is in real time clock, They're just extra features. Also does the m3 expansion have to have the M3 real?

3. ShAdOwFuRi
    OP

Member ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Australia