Hacking Ewin 2in1 or EZ-Flash 3in1?

Linguistically

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which is better, which is more common to find? Does EZ Flash have problems with some GBA Games? I saw a list of games that don't work with eWin and it kind of startled me.

I want to get DSTT bundle, but if I can't, Acekard 2 and eWin or EZ-Flash.

Mainly I want to know if EZ-flash works with most games, about its saves and which card is more common.

Thank you

P.S., will a 2GB Kingston MicroSD work with both packs?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the EZ flash 3 in 1 is more commonly used
i think it has very good compatibility
the ewin is cheaper, but everyone uses the 3 in 1 anyway

for the microSD, you dont need one for the EZ flash 3 in 1 (or any other slot 2 expansion)
you only need the microSD for your ackcard2 or DSTT or w/e flashcart you have

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The EZFlash 3-in-1 is more common and easier to find. It works just as well as the eWin with the DSTT, although I would highly recommend an Acekard 2 with the EZFlash 3-in-1. Aside from the fact that the Acekard 2 is better than the DSTT in nearly every way, both the EZFlash and the eWin are supported directly from the menu with the Acekard 2 (particularly with the AKAIO menu), whereas you have to use a separate loader such as GBA ExpLoader with the DSTT.

Yes, the 2GB Kingston will work fine with either one. The GBA files are actually stored on the microSD card that goes in your slot 1 flash cart -- neither the eWin or the EZFlash have a microSD holder of their own.

-Bri

Misterboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would warn against the EZ Flash 3in1.

I have owned 2 and both of them have had faulty batteries. It could be bad luck, but *very extensive* research to figure out what was wrong, has led me to believe there is a short in the circuitry. I am now in the position of deciding whether I should RMA my second 3in1 or just find some other product to play GBA games with.

All I know is that I've had massive problems with them, and I'm not the only one. However, it seems that many people are happy with them... so I don't know if there was a bad batch (the two I've owned have been in the past 4 months) or if I'm just incredibly, unbelievably, unlucky.

I used the 3in1 with an AceKard2.1.

Good luck!

B

ball2012003

Misterboy said:
I would warn against the EZ Flash 3in1.

I have owned 2 and both of them have had faulty batteries. It could be bad luck, but *very extensive* research to figure out what was wrong, has led me to believe there is a short in the circuitry. I am now in the position of deciding whether I should RMA my second 3in1 or just find some other product to play GBA games with.

All I know is that I've had massive problems with them, and I'm not the only one. However, it seems that many people are happy with them... so I don't know if there was a bad batch (the two I've owned have been in the past 4 months) or if I'm just incredibly, unbelievably, unlucky.

I used the 3in1 with an AceKard2.1.

Good luck!
i think you just have bad luck

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
For Supercard users: The Ewin 2in1 is a good choice because it's more easier to use that 3in1 and the DSone supports this Ewin. GBA Exploader works fine.

For others users: The M3 GBA cartridge is a good choice because it's more easier that 3in1 to use and supports GBA Real Time Clock. GBA Exploader works fine.

The EZ 3in1 is a good choice because supports Rumble (NDS & GB with Lamboy) but GBA Exploader doesn't work correctly on 3in1+.
tinymonkeyt said:
the EZ flash 3 in 1 is more commonly used
i think it has very good compatibility
GBA Exploader supports more saver type with a Ewin 2in1. (see japanese readme) and M3 GBA cartridge supports GBA Real Time Clock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a