EWin 2 Firmware v1.91.2

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by ackix, Sep 16, 2006.

Sep 16, 2006

EWin 2 Firmware v1.91.2 by ackix at 11:24 AM (1,483 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. ackix
    OP

Newcomer ackix Member

France
  2. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    thank you [​IMG]

do you also have the new software tool for the pc?

3. ackix
    OP

Newcomer ackix Member

France
    I'm sorry but there's no new software, the latest version is 1.10

4. mikesinclair555

Member mikesinclair555 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can Someone help who knows what they are doing. I just won an Ewin 2 micro sd off of scdev.org, and I have no clue how to update or do anything thing with it, I thought I updated it with some new software then what came on it the other day, but I cant get roms to load for some reason. Do I just put the .Dat file on the micro sd card, and that's it. Because when I do that when the ds lite turns on the top screen is black and the bottom screen is white and says "EWIN 2 burn dreams at will" in the middle of the screen. But that's it I press all different buttons and nothing happens. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

5. ackix
    OP

Newcomer ackix Member

France
    You can try one of these to update :

press L+UP+R or press START

6. mikesinclair555

United States
    I tried both they don't work. If I hold L , R , & and up while I turn the ds lite on it says that no card is inserted, " meaning micro sd card" It says that at the Ewin 2 screen that I described in my last post. Did I maybe mess up the flashcart when I first updated it before. Although it did say update complete. But now I still can't get past that EWIN 2 burn dreams at will screen to install the new update. Also you just copy the update file right to the micro card, no need for the patcher program?

7. ackix
    OP

Newcomer ackix Member

France
    I don't know what is going wrong. I don't own one so I can't test it.

But on the update thread in chinese they say you have to copy the .dat file to your memory card, start it and then press one of either start or l+r+up.

There's also something saying you may backup all the files from your card on your drive, but it's not a necessary thing.

Maybe you could try to copy everything from your card on your harddrive, then format it and copy the .dat file on the card.

8. lenselijer

Netherlands
    the firmware update worked fine here on my ewin2 microsd

when i run the 1.10 software and click update, it tells me there is 1.20 available.

but download is too slow to complete [​IMG]

9. mikesinclair555

United States
    Ok I just reformated my micro sd card in FAT format, and then I put just the .Dat file on it and now the screen on top says can't find the font files

10. lenselijer

Netherlands
    good, now just get the fontdir.txt and the cp963 directory from the 1.80 update and put it on the microsd card.
    I finally got the new software using the updater build into the ewintool.
    but the castelevania intro still lags alot for me, and with supercard lite its fullspeed.

Too bad the support for us english people is so bad, i think this product is really only for chinese people [​IMG]