Gaming Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 39,030
  • Replies 416
  • Likes 8

Which year do you think the first version (3DS or Wii U) of SSB4 will come out?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 43 37.7%

Votes: 47 41.2%

Votes: 14 12.3%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
EverythingWeKnowAboutSuperSmashBros4Pic.jpg

This will include EVERYTHING we know about SSB4, not including rumors. Sections will be added after more information comes out. If you want to add something or have a question/comment, post below! You can also press the "Follow Me on Twitter" button to get news even faster. Also, some junk will be cleared once the game becomes more clear (For example: "It will not be a copy of Melee and Brawl")
  • The next Super Smash Bros. game(s) will be developed for Wii U and 3DS [Source]
  • This will be Project Sora's second/third project after Kid Icarus: Uprising [Source]
  • Sakurai will be the director [Source]
  • It will not be a copy of Melee and Brawl with more features [Source]
  • The 3DS version will be a more "individual experience" [Source]
  • You will be able to build up your character through battles and rewards in the 3DS version [Source]
  • The upgraded 3DS character can be ported to the Wii U version to be used in battle [Source]
  • Wii U version might have 60fps and smooth animation and better visuals than previous titles [Source]
  • Capcom characters might appear in the game [Source]
  • Big change is coming to the series. Dual support will be a major part of the game [Source]
  • Sakurai is worried that SSB4 might take longer than expected as of 6/18 [Source]
  • Sakurai is trying to bring old characters back into Super Smash Bros. 4 [Source]
  • Namco Bandai is developing SSB4 along side with Project Sora [Source]
  • NEW! Change of direction may be needed for the next SSB4 (THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION THAT THERE WON'T BE NEW CHARACTERS!!!!! HE JUST SAID THAT ADDING CHARACTERS IS NOT ENOUGH) [Source]
Development Meter: First step of development (6/18/12)

Monthly Poll Archive: (Answers voted less than 5% will be deleted)
April 2012: Which version of SSB4 will you buy? Both: 58 votes, 3DS: 30 votes, Wii U: 13 votes, I'm not buying SSB4: 12 votes, I don't know yet: 9 votes
May 2012: Do you want any Melee characters to come back? (Multiple choice) Mewtwo: 42 votes, Roy: 23 votes, None: 20 votes, Young Link: 19 votes, Dr. Mario: 18 votes, Pichu: 10 vote
June 2012: Which Capcom characters do you want in this game? (Multiple choice) Mega Man: 89 votes, Phoenix Wright: 55 votes, Ryu: 39 votes, Viewtiful Joe: 33 votes, Dante: 25 votes, Other: 25 votes
Development Meter Archive:
Signatures (right-click and "Copy URL"):
EverythingWeKnowAboutSSB4Siggie1.jpg

EverythingWeKnowAboutSSB4Siggie.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Development started two weeks ago

Scratch that, Sakurai started thinking about starting development two weeks ago.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that they're doing two separate games and actual development started two weeks ago (there was planning and some designs done before) I'd doubt we'll see this for quite some time.

Being optimistic I'd say Summer 2014 release at the very earliest if this team can work miracles and release two quality games in that time. Development on Brawl started in 2005 and the game finally shipped in 2008...so three years when they were just making one game. I think I read somewhere that Sakurai wasn't happy with Nintendo announcing this so early.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be surprised if a tweet surfaced about an announcement coming soon for someone announcing that they are thinking about starting development.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to think they'd continue the subspace emmisary. I actually liked it.

Yeah it would be great if they could improve upon an adventure mode.
Hopefully they don't add support for up to 4 players though like they did with NSMB. Any more than 2 in a scrolling platformer gets crowded and laborious IMO.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The problem with subspace emmisary was that it failed to use locales or enemies from any of the actual Nintendo games, levels shoehorned in from a cancelled Kirby game, and a confusing hard to follow story with no pretense. And quite frankly, there wasn't enough fanservice. Why didn't we get to see Bowser and Ganondorf going head to head?

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted User

OP

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hopefully they don't add support for up to 4 players though like they did with NSMB. Any more than 2 in a scrolling platformer gets crowded and laborious IMO.

I love doing that! It was fun! If you don't like, don't use it. IMO

The problem is (at least, generally), when you design levels like these around the possibility of holding 4 players, it has to be more accommodating. The challenge is watered down, and so the single player (or two player) experience suffers as a result.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted User

OP

I love doing that! It was fun! If you don't like, don't use it. IMO

The problem is (at least, generally), when you design levels like these around the possibility of holding 4 players, it has to be more accommodating. The challenge is watered down, and so the single player (or two player) experience suffers as a result.

Oops. Didn't think of that from the designing sign. Maybe it's the same levels, but formatted 20% differently from 4 players? I don't know, but I at least liked the 2-player.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops. Didn't think of that from the designing sign. Maybe it's the same levels, but formatted 20% differently from 4 players? I don't know, but I at least liked the 2-player.

No offense but if you're expecting the SSB team to focus that much on single player, then you're kidding yourself.

Not that they're lazy or apathetic, it's just not their focus. It's a multiplayer brawler and just recently did they implement anything past a glorified standard fighting game campaign (go to each stage, beat a bad guy, etc).

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: