Hacking Everything deleted

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a wii last week that has been previously softmodded. The guy who sold it me told me he used anytitle deleter and he used it to delete everything apart from the IOS that are protected through the brick protection block in anytitle deleter. the machine is on 4.1E. I have installed homebrew. I trued to use dogeggs soft mod tutorial and when I tried to use truncha bug restorer the only IOS's Ive got are IOS9, IOS60 and IOS 254 and not the required IOS36. I have even tried to use cIOS Downgrader 1.2, as I thought if I can put 3.2E on it, I would have all the required IOS files. If I try and use the downgrader, it just takes me back toi the wii system menu. Anyone help me with this? Thanks guys

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you downgrade to 3.2, your Wii is bricked. Start Trucha Bug Restorer, press B and then install an unpatched IOS36. After this everything should be done the same way as usual, well except you need to get all IOS back.

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
If you downgrade to 3.2, your Wii is bricked. Start Trucha Bug Restorer, press B and then install an unpatched IOS36. After this everything should be done the same way as usual, well except you need to get all IOS back.

Ive got a savemii device that I havge been itching to use since Ive had it, is there anyway I could utilise it to install the system menu again?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To get IOS36 back the easy way... put in a Mario Kart Wii , Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or Castlevania: Judgement disc (or a game that was released after these), and it will ask to update, and the update will install all the regular IOSes from 9 to 36 (and some newer ones if the game you're using is newer than the 3 listed above) onto your Wii.

Then continue with TBR as normal.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think the easiest method for you would be using TBR to reinstall IOS 36, then either A.) install Dark Corp 1.1 and keep that or b.) install Dark Corp 1.1 then use the uninstaller.

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also just go and insert a retail disc and it will install most of the IOS's.They most likely will not be up to date especially if using an older game, but you can always throw in a bunch of games and allow them all to do the update. After that, if you dont already have HBC and bootmii installed then do that right away and make a nand backup as soon as possible incase something goes wrong while trying to fix this wii.

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
To get IOS36 back the easy way... put in a Mario Kart Wii , Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or Castlevania: Judgement disc (or a game that was released after these), and it will ask to update, and the update will install all the regular IOSes from 9 to 36 onto your Wii.

The only originan game I own is Legend of zelda, the twilight princess, Im afraid so Im kind of stuck on that one

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TudorBlue said:
damysteryman said:
To get IOS36 back the easy way... put in a Mario Kart Wii , Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or Castlevania: Judgement disc (or a game that was released after these), and it will ask to update, and the update will install all the regular IOSes from 9 to 36 onto your Wii.

The only originan game I own is Legend of zelda, the twilight princess, Im afraid so Im kind of stuck on that one
Try that, and the wii sports disc came with your wii. If you still have that then you can use it too and it will help.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Or maybe just go to a local video store, and rent out a disc for a night.

Is there a video store near you at all?

If not, then that DOES make things difficult...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This will work for sure, it's not the only method, but I think it is the easiest, and it doesn't require having a disc

1) Download and run NUS Auto Downloader from my signature
2) Go to the (O)ptions page and enter (36) to enable that option
3) Go to the (B)atch download page, and download all the files needed for the (F)akesign restorer
4) Copy the files in the 'COPY_TO_SD' folder to your SD card, start MMM, and load any of the IOSs that u currently have installed to install IOS36 and IOS15v523
then u will be able to use the TBR (or even better, use MMM's Express Mode to install a patched IOS36)
5) After u do that, start NUS Auto Downloader again, and run the download wizard to re-hack your wii, it will install all the files that moron deleted and much more!

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just after I posted my last post, when I said I only had one game, I realised that I also has wiifit. Anyway I put the game disc into my wii and did a system update. I didnt have time to try anything other than that because I had to leave for work. I'll have another go tomorrow. Im sure wiifit would have done the trick!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte