OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am working on a gaming/pear Homebrew website for few months now

LINK HERE

And I hope I get to see you around when it is done.

Thumbs up to gbatemp officials

Feel free to rate it and have suggestions.

Thank you. Oh and by the way I am looking for editors and moderators... if you are qualified. Email me : [email protected] or PM me, either way .
Thanks again

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You may want to get a domain name, it's not that expensive, and you can keep your free host at 110mb
wink.gif

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Damn, thats a nice site dude.

I really like it, it looks professional. If I was more into Video Games and Video Game news I would totally ask to be a Moderator, but seeing as I didn't even know Street Fighter 4 came out until 2 months ago, I don't think I am qualified for the job
tongue.gif

ojuniour

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you once again.... Although just becaues you did not know edxactly what date a game came out doesn't mean you are out of touch at most..

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy nice site!
Since I'm at work right now and a lot of stuff is blocked, maybe some contents are not being shown, but here are my first thoughs:
1) At the fist (after "entering") page, there are some pictures "rolling", i believe they are the headlines, rights? Ok, only 1 of'em have actual text (Assassin's Creed 2) but there are some stuff is not right there: a) Why isn't "creed" capitalized? b) The text formating is not working (at least for me). It shows the formating tags.
CODE(

Master the art of the assassin in Assassin's Creed 2. The lineage continues. An intriguing & fascinating new epic story of power, revenge and conspiracy set

)
I know it's not done yet, that's why the "More details" points to the "Enter page".

2) Whatever system you choose, you are taken to the same page. "It's not done yet!", I know. I just think that, for testing purposes, you should define what will appear on those sections.

3) My opinion: the frame where you can chooge between "All features", "Cheats & Codes", "Reviews", "Screenshots" & "Previews" should not rotate.

4) I liked the way you can use the same image on lot's of places, resizing it. Just the images must be on a better aspect, to use it correcly.

No more from me right now.
But keep in mind that your site looks awesome!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, that's some sweet work! I wasn't expecting much of it, but this is really amazing! You sure you did this by yourself?

If the site gets frequent updates, I'll keep visiting it.

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
nice site you have. but maybe the first page should be removed/edited(i don't think scrolling the page will be nice specially if there's not many script)

ojuniour

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for your contribution and will look into your suggestions , Thnank you once again..

Posts merged

shinnyuuya said:
nice site you have. but maybe the first page should be removed/edited(i don't think scrolling the page will be nice specially if there's not many script)

I don't quite understand what you mean , hwat first page should be removed and the scroll....?

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well, here's my opinion for the first page(index.html):
1. i see you have put a table with height="850px" align="center" width="1000px". consider of the content, maybe you should change the table into 'height="100%" align="center" width="100" ' it will not change the page a lot.
2. put some picture or something else so people can see some info while scrolling the page.
3. you can delete the'index.html' so the web will go directly to 'index.php'

ojuniour

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinnyuuya said:
well, here's my opinion for the first page(index.html):
1. i see you have put a table with height="850px" align="center" width="1000px". consider of the content, maybe you should change the table into 'height="100%" align="center" width="100" ' it will not change the page a lot.
2. put some picture or something else so people can see some info while scrolling the page.
3. you can delete the'index.html' so the web will go directly to 'index.php'

Oh I know understand what you mean..lol

Of course it will go to the original page in the final version. You dont expect me to leave the intro like that... But isn't it wise enough to inform people on what they will be expecting on the site , that it is not finished, full of bugs, and its not compatible with most internet web browser.... I mean for exdample Someoone visited the site thinking its is a gaming site and then seeing those repeated articles and unformated pages pages leading to now where and getting errors of all kind, Wont't that turn off the user immediately, thinking that its just some stupid random site a kid developed/ ....So I have to put that at first line to tell what and why. Inifact I just recently put up the notice because i got some repsonse that the site sucks and doesnt have any updatres at all and articles repeated all over the place... unknowning that the site is not even done yet.

so you get what I mean now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: